Beautiful Life





Hey child up and go; A big world is out there waiting for us to live in every day. Outside you will find, there is love all around you; Takes you, makes you wanna' say; That it's a beautiful life and it's a beautiful world and it's a beautiful time to be here, to be here, to be here. -Fisher

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

FULL HOUSE

Brianna (14), Brooke (16)
Noah (11) Parker(11)
Christian (6) Isabel (7)
Megan (11)
Claire (2)

I am the oldest of three sisters and the only one that moved away from our home town. Each of my sisters has two children, so I have three nieces and a nephew. I started a tradition when the oldest one was a baby of having her visit with me during summer vacation. I carried that tradition on with the others as they came into the picture. I love children, I love having a full house and I love that I get to be the Aunt I always wanted to be, even though we don't see each other a lot during the year. Our summers are a special time and the children really look forward to it every year! My children do too. Before they come, we always fill one bedroom with mattresses on the floor so all the younger children can sleep together and the teenagers take over Lizzie's room! This year we did not get to have three or four weeks, spread out from June to August. Instead, we got a few weeks right here at the end. But, I am so glad we got that, because summer just would not be summer without a FULL HOUSE!



I tried to get some really cute pictures~I failed! Instead, I got some really true pictures!




I just got a call from Paul to let me know that he and Claire are safely in the hotel in St. Louis. They left Charleston today at 5pm but their flight went to Memphis first and was delayed there. Claire had a wonderful time on the plane and was chattering loudly every time I spoke with Paul on the phone. Tomorrow she will be at the hospital at 7:45am for her procedure that is at 9:00am. Dr. Dobbs will readjust the pin in her left foot and recast both feet. Then Claire and Paul will fly back home in the afternoon. Hopefully, all will go well and they will get home on time! I know they will be tired. Please keep them in your prayers! Tomorrow is also Claire's first day to go from 4 times a day to 2 times a day on her antibiotic. This should be enough to keep the urinary tract infection from returning. We'll see! I'll keep everyone posted.




No comments: