Beautiful Life





Hey child up and go; A big world is out there waiting for us to live in every day. Outside you will find, there is love all around you; Takes you, makes you wanna' say; That it's a beautiful life and it's a beautiful world and it's a beautiful time to be here, to be here, to be here. -Fisher

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Nesting!


Not what you expected? LOL! I'm not nesting, my kids were doing a project for school! We are studying birds right now and after an extensive investigation of nests and nesting habits, we decided to try to make our own nests. Good thing my kids aren't birds because they were NOT created to build nests! They collectively decided that it was a lot harder than it looks...at least they agree on something!!

And while we are on the subject of school,
look who's having a good time during our school hours!


Preschool teachers everywhere know what this is...good ole fashion rice play!




Oh yeah! And in my spare time....




I thought I'd teach her to read! hmmmm......YEAH, RIGHT! SHE JUST LEARNED TO SPEAK ENGLISH, PEOPLE! I got the letters for the fridge because I was a kindergarten teacher and that is the sort of thing we do. All the kids have sat in front of that fridge with her and when she holds up a letter they name it for her. She has picked this up all on her own! Prior to me getting the camera out, she had placed each of those letters on the board, naming them, without any prompting what-so-ever! I might add, she also knows the letter "C for Claire". It just didn't make it to the board while I was filming. Look out world, 'cause there are some amazing things going on inside that head of hers!

1 comment:

The Source said...

That's sensory integration stuff going on in that bucket of rice. High dollar Occupational Therapy. :)

She's amazing. And I love the bird's nests the kids made. I think they did quite well for creatures without wings.