Beautiful Life





Hey child up and go; A big world is out there waiting for us to live in every day. Outside you will find, there is love all around you; Takes you, makes you wanna' say; That it's a beautiful life and it's a beautiful world and it's a beautiful time to be here, to be here, to be here. -Fisher

Friday, February 22, 2008

The Other Family

On Wednesday I made a post to our agency's yahoo group that included a small amount of information about Claire. On Thursday, I received some emails that I wanted to share. There was another family that saw our Claire on the lists and they actually requested her file before we did and had it for the week before we were allowed access to it. They chose to pass on her and that is why we were able to review her file. I wondered at the time why they decided not to pursue her adoption but I did not think I would ever know. Now I do. I received permission from them to post their story here. I was contacted by the wife and this is what she said~



"I was wondering if little Claire is by chance MA 137 (or Wei Kangtong) on the WC list.
She stole my family's heart immediately and we were able to review her file the day her info was posted. We were SO excited and began making plans to bring her home as soon as possible, but then I began to feel like we were keeping her from her real family. It is so hard to explain and it probably sounds crazy, but we kept praying for a complete peace about our decision, and we never found it. We knew her real family was still waiting for her and it was not us. We were truly heartbroken when we made that call to CHI and I wasn't sure how I would feel about seeing her placed with another family, but I was overjoyed. I knew then for sure, she had found her family."



This is part of a second email from her~


"I had no idea our situations could be SO similar. Would you believe that I too, saw Claire on GWCA website first? I was trying to see what agencies participated in the multi-agency lists, and I just love looking at all the beautiful children. I couldn't believe that, at that time, no families were pursuing her.

Next day, there she was on our list! I just knew it was it had to be God (& I still do). I didn't even call
(Name) before submitting a form. Around noon, I almost fainted when I saw CHI pop up on our caller ID. It was so surreal and exhilarating. We immediately faxed her info to our pediatrician and had my brother-in-law, who's a doctor, review it, also. We then sent out an urgent prayer request to friends and family. We had so many prayer warriors bombarding heaven's gates with our petition, I knew we would get our answer. At first, I also found her condition daunting. Well, I guess it was more of the unknowns and lack of specifics about her condition. But the more we looked into it, the more it looked like her diagnosis wasn't nearly as severe as originally thought. Anyway, we had to prepare ourselves for the worst, and I told myself we could and would face any challenge that this situation might bring.

Just as I began to accept this, I began hearing a whisper in my ear, "She's not your daughter." I really didn't want to listen, so that's when I began praying for a complete peace and maybe a sign that another family was waiting for her. On Saturday night, I again looked at GWCA site and saw the "pending" over Claire's picture. I knew I had my answer. (Even though we both know now, that wasn't her family either) At the same time, a dear friend from church had an overwhelming feeling come over her telling her that this is not the right time for us. She felt such an urgency, that she had to fight calling us in the middle of the night. When I saw last week, that CHI had placed her, I was ecstatic. I couldn't believe it! She had a family and from our agency!!

I now feel that we experienced all of this for a purpose. I believe that God was showing us to seek Him prayerfully and faithfully in all situations, and He will provide us with the confirmation we need. Like my e-mail was affirmation for you, yours was for me. I SO needed to hear your story. I have been pouring over the CHI boards everyday, looking for some hint pointing me towards your family, and today I found it!! I was so excited!! You and your family will always hold a special place in our hearts.

Oh, and guess what book my husband has been reading, lately? Yup, Wild at Heart. Just another little sign from above. I get so excited when I see God working!!
" (I told her that Paul had been reading this book and just finished it when God spoke to him that night)


I still can't read this without tears. Hearing their story was so much confirmation for us. I truly believe that all things happen for a reason and that the way things happen is God's providence. We will forever be grateful to this family and our hearts go out to them during their wait and search for their daughter. We will be praying for you!



"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding" ~ Proverbs 3:5

2 comments:

Chris and Tammy Stubblefield said...

Thank you so much for this post. I (Chris) too get teary eyed when I read and reread your e-mails and now your post. Thank you also for your continued prayers for us as we continue on our journey. You all will certainly be in our prayers. The verse certainly spoke tonight more than it ever has before.

In Christ,

Chris, Tammy, and the boys

Michelle said...

wow, amazing! that family will find their perfect match soon!