Beautiful Life





Hey child up and go; A big world is out there waiting for us to live in every day. Outside you will find, there is love all around you; Takes you, makes you wanna' say; That it's a beautiful life and it's a beautiful world and it's a beautiful time to be here, to be here, to be here. -Fisher

Sunday, May 15, 2011

What a Weekend!

*Blogger had some kind of techinical difficulty the other day and took all posts down going back to a certian date in order to fix said issue.  For whatever reason, it also took this post back to a date before it had been finished and therefore deleted part of it.  I have re-posted it here, but because I don't know EXACTLY how it was, it is not exactly the same.  Oh well!*




I don't know about you, but I had an amazing weekend! 



I got married!




Well......I did. 




Okay, so it was 17 years ago!

But, it was 17 years ago, Saturday, May 7th that we stood before our family and friends, and our God and pledged to love each other for life.  Through thick and thin, for better or worse, richer or poorer.  It was all in our wedding vows and we have kept them!



17 years ago I married my very best friend. 



And we drove off into the sunset to begin our new life together!




That drive, lead us to this.  Our older, much more mature selves.  But, we are still learning and loving! Seventeen of the best years of my life and I have no doubt that there will be seventeen more and hopefully seventeen more and  maybe seventeen more.....!  And I know that none of you is gullible enough to think that it's been all Easy Street.  But, isn't that was makes it all the sweeter?  I think so. 

And if that wasn't awesome enough, Sunday was Mother's Day!  For me, these two go hand-in-hand anyway.  Mother's Day began for me on the same day I married Paul.  That is the day we became a family of three! 



Granted, I was the step-mother and the dynamics of that are completely different when the mother is still very much a part of the child's life as well.  But, Paul and Lizzie were a package deal and I loved and committed myself to both that day.  And, never looked back!

We did it up right too!  It started with being served breakfast in bed by 5 of my blessings and my wonderful husband.  Then church.  After church comes my favorite part.  Our annual picnic at the beach!  Followed by playing on the beach and we finished up the day with a dinner grilled by Paul for us and his parents and served on the deck he built for me three years ago!  Wonderful is all I can say.











 






No comments: