Beautiful Life





Hey child up and go; A big world is out there waiting for us to live in every day. Outside you will find, there is love all around you; Takes you, makes you wanna' say; That it's a beautiful life and it's a beautiful world and it's a beautiful time to be here, to be here, to be here. -Fisher

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Hello.....Hello......Anyone there?

I doubt I have any readers left out there.....maybe a few die-hard ones.  So if you have stuck around, waiting and hoping for an update.....and pictures, today is your lucky day, people!

Why haven't I blogged?  If you need to ask, you don't know me.  I want to blog, really I do.  But, busy with these kids is an understatement this year!

And it's not just the kids.  It's the homeschool and the home repair and the cousins.  It's the cooking and the cleaning and the packing and the unpacking.  It's the shuffling here and yonder for this and that. 

And the kids!

My mother asked me just this morning, "don't you ever just get tired of it".  No.  No I don't as a matter-of-fact.  I figure the kids {cousins that visit every summer} are only here for a while and then they grow up and have their own life.  Two already have.  And one is my step-daughter.  We have seen Lizzie only once since May.  Last night.  And it isn't because she doesn't want to see us, it's because she has a life.  And, it's not here. 


Thankfully, she took a few minutes out to meet us {last minute I might say} for frozen yogurt last night.  We were in her town for a post placement visit with our social worker.  It was so good to lay eyes on her and hug up on her.  She looks great, doesn't she?!

And so, I miss blogging, but I wouldn't trade my crazy busy life for it.  Which just means that if you want to see pictures of my kids or read anything I have to say {as if it's all that great},  you have to hang around and check back.  Often.  Or not, if you have better things to do or blogs to read!  That's okay too. 

How did our post placement visit go?  Amazing!  Just like our little boy!  Our social worker is very kind and fun so she makes it easy.  And you can see that Asher is thriving.  Just look at that boy go and you know, he's gonna be fine! 

More on his adjustment later.  And hers.  And mine.

What else have we been up to? Besides swim team and jetting to St. Louis and first 4th birthday parties?  Well......



We had some familiar visitors in June.  They usually start showing up in our photos about this time every year!  Yep, my niece, Brianna, nephew, Christian and Darling Daughter from over at Not a Significant Source


Asher had his first bowling experience!


Having fun!


Big brothers are the best!


I know, right?  And we get to live with her!


Still can't believe she is going to college this fall!

They left and then we got prepared for the highlight of this summer, a visit from the Caudill family.  I was so sad when I realized there was no way we could get on the road this summer to visit with any of our travel group family friends.  But, so exciting when Anna called to say they wanted to come see us!!  And help Paul with some renovations.  And stay a week! 
But that is enough for today.  I know, I know.  But, it is.  'Cause I have 2 kids to get into bed, more cleaning to do and .....well, I won't bore you with the details. 

2 comments:

Annie said...

I am right there with ya Chelsea!!! I did have one bloggy friend tell me one time to never apologize for living life!!! I am trying to be a better blogger but life for us is hectic too and I am usually up WAY too late just answering emails!! FB seems easier right now!! LOL! Oh and BTW, I LOVE the new look!!!!

Hezra said...

I am here! Still reading! lol, but yeah I think I have lost all mine. life happens. Your crew is growing up!!!