Beautiful Life





Hey child up and go; A big world is out there waiting for us to live in every day. Outside you will find, there is love all around you; Takes you, makes you wanna' say; That it's a beautiful life and it's a beautiful world and it's a beautiful time to be here, to be here, to be here. -Fisher

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Catching Up.

I'm really turning out to be a bad blogger.  I know.  I've been composing a post for several weeks,  that is still waiting to be published.  But, thought I'd do a quick update anyway.  I'm out of town right now.  Took my youngest three and came to see my Great-Niece for the first time.  Very exciting!  I couldn't wait to get some snuggles.  And, I got to spend some time with the rest of my family too!


Yes, she really is this beautiful!  No Photoshop necessary.
 

Yes, I really did take 50 pictures of her in one sitting. 
 'Cause who can resist?
 

 And, who doesn't love baby toes?  Seriously!


So, I totally remember holding Kennley's MOTHER when she was this small.
Crazy.

Now that I've spent a day holding her, I guess I can go home tomorrow.


And take care of my chicks.  

Yes, we are raising a couple of chicks.  Right now it's just a  project. But, IF any of them turn out to be hens, we will keep two for eggs.  For a little while anyway.  My grandmother had chickens when I was growing up.  Hearing their little peeps in the box reminds me of going to the post office to get her chicks whenever she mail-ordered some new ones.  They came in a box with holes and she would let us hold the box on our lap for the drive home.  They would peck at our fingers through the holes.  It makes me happy to hear them peeping.  

No, I haven't raised chickens before.  Yes, I know they smell.  Now, that we have that out of the way, the kids and I are learning.  Isn't that what it's all about?
 
Do not ask Paul how he likes the peeping. He says that if we get ONE MORE animal he's going to charge zoo admission to anyone that comes over!

Maybe that can fund our homeschool activities! The kids would love to do more projects like this one. 


 'Cause who doesn't love a moon phase activities that involves cookies?


 And eating them afterwards! 


I know these kids did.
And yes, those are all-natural!

That's how we roll!


2 comments:

The Source said...

Awww...Kennley is so precious! And I have a thing for baby toes, myself.

Annabanana said...

Yay!! for a post!!! I can see you visiting with my chickens, sitting in the clover on a Sunday afternoon. I hope you find that kind of time with your chickies, too. And I'll start saving up now for zoo admission. Perhaps you'll offer a season pass?