WE LEAVE IN 12 DAYS!
Today we received our final itinerary via email. This is where we will be, when we will be there, and what we will be doing!
- 5/7 Leave Charleston at O'dark 30 in the morning, on a 16 hour adventure through air and time, bound for Beijing.
- 5/8 Arrive in Beijing, get through customs, meet our guide (Jessie), go to our hotel, The Wangfujing, and collapse!
- 5/9 Sightseeing: Tour the Temple of Heaven in the morning, have lunch at Dai Jia Cun Restaurant then Hutong Tour and Chinese Acrobat Show in the afternoon.
- 5/10 Sightseeing: TianAmMen Squre and Forbidden City and the Great Wall. Then have an orientation meeting with the CHI guide
- 5/11 Take a van ride, with our CHI coordinator, Jessie, to Tianjin City and Check into The Marriott Renaissance Hotel there.
- 5/12 Go to Tianjin Children's Welfare Institute to meet Claire! Spend the day catching up with her (we missed a few years)!
- 5/13 Go to the Registration and Notary office to carry out the adoption procedure.
- 5/14 Free day-we will try to walk around the area, see if there are any parks nearby.
- 5/15 Sightseeing: Culture Street
- 5/16 Paperwork Day, we will get our papers back from the registration and will need to complete some forms for our American Consulate appointment
- 5/17 Fly3 hours to Guangzhou, meet our new CHI coordinator, Elise, check into the White Swan Hotel on Shaiman Island
- 5/18 Free Day-I'm sure we will end up doing something that just hasn't been planned yet. Other families have gone to the zoo, the pearl market, shopping etc...
- 5/19 Go to the clinic and have Claire's medical exam
- 5/20 American Consulate appointment and Farewell dinner
- 5/21 Go to the American Consulate to get Claire's visa in the afternoon
- 5/22 Fly out of Guangzhou back to Beijing to catch our flight home! We will cross the international date line and arrive back at home at 10:30 the same day!
OH MY GOSH, WE LEAVE IN 12 DAYS!