Beautiful Life





Hey child up and go; A big world is out there waiting for us to live in every day. Outside you will find, there is love all around you; Takes you, makes you wanna' say; That it's a beautiful life and it's a beautiful world and it's a beautiful time to be here, to be here, to be here. -Fisher

Monday, September 22, 2008

Safe Landing!

We landed safe and sound in St. Louis and I have to say, Claire is a wonderful traveler! Of course she is a veteran at this flying thing. Let me see....she has now been on 14 different planes! That's 14 take-offs and landings! Hello, that's a lot of frequent flyer miles, baby! And, she loves it. as you carry her on the plane she swings her arm and sings "going on da pane". When you set her down in the seat, she exclaims, "my seat, I buckle!"



Reading her books in-flight!

Anyway, we are here, we have eaten. We walked around in a lovely area downtown and found a Greek restaurant for dinner and a crepe place for dessert. YUMMY! Well, Paul ate Greek, I had a St. Louis treat-Toasted Ravioli. Ever heard of that? Well, I'm sure you have if you live out here, but that is not something this chick from South Carolina has ever feasted on until I came to St. Louis. I had to ask a waitress what it was back in June. It's breaded and fried ravioli and it is scrumptious! And, I don't even eat fried foods! Then we found a crepe place and I haven't had good crepes since I was a little girl. I Used to spend the night with a girlfriend, Marleen, and her mother made these amazing crepes on Saturday mornings. Well those were good breakfast crepes, but I had a dessert crepe tonight that was to die for!! It was Strawberries with chocolate and cream...............Oh my! I may have to go back there tomorrow before we head to the airport!

Now we are heading to bed.....because 6AM comes early out here, that's why! Actually, it will come an hour later but since we have to be at the hospital at 6AM then we really have to get up at 5:15, which is really 6:15 and that is close to 6AM which is TOO EARLY no matter where you are!



So, here is Claire, all squished up in the teeniest port-a-crib I have ever seen!


But I can't wait to see those feet.........I can wait for the smell though! Because that is not going to be lovely, I bet!!!! :)

And, here she is going to sleep....yeah right, who are we kidding!

4 comments:

sara said...

Claire looks adorable in this last picture! Good luck tomorrow. The kids did a great job at piano lessons today. See you soon.

Love,
Sara

Mercedes said...

Now there's a smile that can melt anyone's heart! Good luck tomorrow!

The Source said...

Good luck today with the un-casting and getting the pin taken out. Can't wait to hear all about her new feet!

Oh! And go eat one more crepe for me.

Yvette said...

I can't wait to hear about how today has gone!! So very exciting! Seems like it was just yesterday when we were in China and you were telling us about what you hoped would be the medical plan for Claire. Amazing!

Loved looking through your posts. Claire looks just beautiful and so happy! I'll have to show Alex the post with the boys and their bedroom armory; he'll be envious (and will probably want to rush right down there for a visit!!).

Love,
Yvette