(Don't forget to turn off the music)
Today is the day that we have our follow-up visit with our urologist. At our first visit, Dr. Aaronson believed that the reflux of urine back into Claire's kidneys was a major contributor in the fact that she could not get over that nasty uriniary tract infection. He seemed pretty certain that she would need surgery to reimplant her ureters at a different angle on her bladder to prevent the reflux. But, he wanted to put her on antibiotic therapy first, just to see if it would clear up and if she could keep it away. Well, after 30+ days on antibiotics, Claire had her last dose on Friday morning. Last night, the low grade temperature that has been present preceding all other UTIs, returned. This morings urine was cloudy and that is a tell tell sign of UTI. The indications are that she will need the surgery after all. I am mentally prepared for this outcome, but I'm always up for being pleasantly surprised so I will wait for the Doctor's evaluation tomorrow. I would love for her not to need anymore surgery, but if it will help her stay healthy, then I'm just so thankful for the medical knowledge that will provide that opportunity for her!