Beautiful Life





Hey child up and go; A big world is out there waiting for us to live in every day. Outside you will find, there is love all around you; Takes you, makes you wanna' say; That it's a beautiful life and it's a beautiful world and it's a beautiful time to be here, to be here, to be here. -Fisher

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

She knows plenty of English now!

Yesterday she pointed to her nose and said, "see booger!" Hmmmmm....I wonder where she learned that? I could take three guesses and probably get it right all three times! Here's a cute video of her playing with her babydoll before nap yesterday. She can be talking up a storm and when I get the camera out she clams up, but I got a few words on here. Have I told you lately that I LOVE being this kid's mommy!




(Don't forget to turn off the music)

Today is the day that we have our follow-up visit with our urologist. At our first visit, Dr. Aaronson believed that the reflux of urine back into Claire's kidneys was a major contributor in the fact that she could not get over that nasty uriniary tract infection. He seemed pretty certain that she would need surgery to reimplant her ureters at a different angle on her bladder to prevent the reflux. But, he wanted to put her on antibiotic therapy first, just to see if it would clear up and if she could keep it away. Well, after 30+ days on antibiotics, Claire had her last dose on Friday morning. Last night, the low grade temperature that has been present preceding all other UTIs, returned. This morings urine was cloudy and that is a tell tell sign of UTI. The indications are that she will need the surgery after all. I am mentally prepared for this outcome, but I'm always up for being pleasantly surprised so I will wait for the Doctor's evaluation tomorrow. I would love for her not to need anymore surgery, but if it will help her stay healthy, then I'm just so thankful for the medical knowledge that will provide that opportunity for her!

No comments: