Beautiful Life





Hey child up and go; A big world is out there waiting for us to live in every day. Outside you will find, there is love all around you; Takes you, makes you wanna' say; That it's a beautiful life and it's a beautiful world and it's a beautiful time to be here, to be here, to be here. -Fisher

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

My boys!

Hello, I'm glad you decided to join me again. Today I continue to delight in flipping through hundreds of pictures, pulling out some favorites to post here, and the kids and I are enjoying hours of home video verses watching TV this week.

Okay, who am I kidding! I still had to watch 18 Kids and Counting! It's an addiction and pretty sure there is a 10 step program I'll have to check into at some point. I'm okay with that.

But, this post isn't about the Duggars. It's about my sweet, soon to be, teenage boys. There. I said it. Happy?


My boys were born on a Wednesday and came home on the following Monday. Nothing was ever the same after that. It's been one wild ride!


Noah taking the wheel. As usual.

The story we tell about Noah is how he got so angry at being born second that he showed his butt. Literally. That is the first part we all got to see, because he came out bottom first. He screamed, turned red and them held his breath while he turned purple! He has raced through life ever since, trying to be first and loving speed!

This particular Christmas was the one when I found pieces of gold bead strands that had been cut off the tree and left on the floor. I followed the trail up to the boys room to find them giving each other new hair cuts! Thankfully, I caught this before it got too far. Parker lost a chunk from the front, but it covered well. Let's just say that Noah isn't "cut out" for a job as a hair dresser! Unless mullets are coming back.

My favorite times were the years between 1 and 5! Before one was so much work and after 5 it seemed like they were grown up too much. But, that time in between was so much fun!

bath time was always a blast. One of my favorite times of the day. They were such messy eaters that they had to get a bath right after dinner, every night! I always threw them in the tub downstairs, bathed them and then they ran through the house naked to their bedroom upstairs....stopping to warm their heinies at the fireplace in the winter! But, they refused to let me share those pictures. If I'd taken pictures of that. Which I totally would not have done. Because that would be INAPPROPRIATE! You know.

Yes, they were a handful.

But, a handful of fun! And, I was always glad to have my hands full!


Of, course the reality is that they had their moments too!
But, they were darn cute even in the throws of a tantrum.



They loved their big Sissy.

And each other. These two were always inseparable. Best friends. By this time, we were dressing Noah in red and Parker in blue so preschool teachers and neighbors and friends could tell who was who. Believe it or not, they are Fraternal. No one believes me.







Okay, I'll be honest here. Noah is the one I found wrapped in toilet paper and covered in baby powder. Make that, found him and his entire room covered in baby powder! Including his brother who is sitting there laughing at his antics! He's the one that climbed out of the crib and electrocuted himself with a nightlight. He's the one that screamed so badly after a little fall that he passed out. The one that refused to walk for an entire day when he was 18 months old, and AFTER I'd spent the next entire day at the doctor's office, having blood drawn and getting x-rays, I bring him home, set him down on the floor and HE GETS UP AND WALKS TO HIS TOYS! The little booger. He's the one that snuck his uncle's wallet and hid it in the closet, and only after said uncle is about to panic, does he share this information.
He's also the one that makes me laugh every blessed day of my life!


And, Parker. How was he special? What do I remember most about him as a little guy? I remember the flowers he brought me from the yard to put in my hair. The notes he flew to me as paper airplanes. My sweet, sweet boy!

He makes my heart so full!


It seems like only yesterday that they came to snuggle in bed with us and fell asleep. Today they still come to snuggle, thank you God. They're just a little bit bigger!

Goodnight

1 comment:

The Source said...

Such handsome young men! We're blessed to know them! I hope they have a wonderful birthday, and I kow they're going to be teenagers to be proud of!

And by the way...I can totally tell them apart. We figured it out when they spent the night. One has a freckle that's slightly ower on his cheek than the other. Now, if I could only remember which one that was. Oh! And Noah has a freckle or a small birthmark on his arm! Am I right?