Beautiful Life





Hey child up and go; A big world is out there waiting for us to live in every day. Outside you will find, there is love all around you; Takes you, makes you wanna' say; That it's a beautiful life and it's a beautiful world and it's a beautiful time to be here, to be here, to be here. -Fisher

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Pop Culture?

This weekend the hubby and I spent hours running around town collecting items that people wanted to donate to a yard sale fundraiser we will be holding next weekend!  It was really awesome to get a phone call or email and hear what people were willing to hand over, all to help bring Asher home! 

But before this started, Paul took the boys to a local farm for a service project.  They joined the homeschool version of student council and will be doing numerous service projects throughout the year.  Good stuff! 



Paul ended up with a load of boys and they headed out to the farm where some slave labor painters were needed!  It was very Mark Twain-ish.


Dirt country roads


 Fence painting.



Big old oak trees.



Did I mention the fence painting?

And then we got a little surprise.  The mom that is the advisor for the student council went to her car and unloaded seven jugs of pop tops.  Turns out she is also a Girl Scout leader and her troop had a fundraiser for us.  Without us even knowing about it.  They collected all these pop tops.  Just for Asher.  So sweet.  I can just imagine all those little girls drinking soda after soda to collect all these tabs.  Can't you?  No.  LOL!  I hope they didn't drink all those soda by themselves! 


When Paul got home with these, I googled to find where we might turn them in.  Well, I got more than I bargained for.  I found this 


I bet you didn't know you needed this!  Yes folks.  That is in fact a purse, well a messenger bag actually.....made from the tabs of soda pops.  And y'all, that puppy retails for 180 buck-a-roos!  Pop Tops?  Check it out Escama if you don't believe me. 



What about this?  Pop top belt anyone?  Flexible and ecological! Only $70 at Novica




What if you found this under the Christmas tree.  Now imagine, it's not from your 5 year old,  but from your sweetie!  Who paid $20 for it! 


Prom anyone? 

So I got to thinking.... I've got enough tabs, I could make an afghan, y'all! 

Or maybe not.

But, maybe I should make belts.
Anyone for a pop-top belt?

1 comment:

The Source said...

LOL We found a store in Greenville that sells earrings made from old computer chips and spiral notebooks made of old floppy discs. Why didn't I think of a way to make money out of my junk??

I may have a sofa for your yard sale here in NA. I'll let you know. Possibly some other items as well.