Beautiful Life





Hey child up and go; A big world is out there waiting for us to live in every day. Outside you will find, there is love all around you; Takes you, makes you wanna' say; That it's a beautiful life and it's a beautiful world and it's a beautiful time to be here, to be here, to be here. -Fisher

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Provision


What does this look like to you?


Dumpster diving?


Moving day?


Cleaning out the attic/garage/playroom?


Savage?



Aftermath of a horrible storm?



No. no. no. no. no. no!



This guys?


Is two rooms of God's provision.


What?  I know it looks like a big ole mess right now.  But, what you are looking at is the selflessness of friends, family and neighbors.  These people rummaged their attics/garages/playrooms and donated the things they could part with.  For some, like my mother-in-law, it was a difficult task!  To part with her things.  But, they are all doing it so we will have the funds to bring Asher home.  And I can not tell you how thankful I am.  To the men at church that called with TVs and power tools.  To a high school friend that offered an 80 gallon fish tank.  To the homeschool mom with a toddler bed and beautiful child's vanity.  To Paul's aunts and cousin that filled the Monster Van to max capacity with their donations!  To my dearest friends and other members of their extended families that came up with so. much. stuff! I can't say thank you enough!

We will hold a pretty large yard sale on Saturday as a fundraiser and what does not sell then will be driven to my sisters house three hours away for a second attempt in a few weeks. 

This next part is as much for me as for anything.  While we are raising money for this particular leg of the journey, I can't look at that thermometer on the side.  I'd be lying if I didn't say that I have a mini panic attack every time I see it.  So I'm going to break it down to a manageable bite for me!

We got an invoice from our agency.  We owe $5730 total right now.  While collecting donations for our yard sale, we also received some cash donations that I have not sent in yet!  Plus, the kids and I added to it so that it would round out.  Yes!  The kids.  The boys gave of their hard earned dog walking money....yes, my boys get paid, by two different families, to walk and play with their dogs during the day.  You know, since we don't "go" to school.  And their owners do.  And Isabel?  She cracks me up, but that kid has a heart of gold, I tell you!  She went door to door asking for change and cash to "Bring Asher Home".  I so did not know about this!  I never do.  And this is not the first time she has done it.  She raised over $25 for Pet Helpers waving cars down as they past our street....and also dog walkers, joggers and cyclists are not safe from her!  That was what she raised before Parker came in and asked if I knew "my daughter" was standing on the street corner.  Come again?  "She's yelling and waving a can around like a lunatic!"  Okay.  She gets that from her daddy's side!  Just sayin'.  She brought in almost $20.  Can't fault her for standing for her causes! 

 Anyway, this is the thermometer I will concentrate on for today:

Fundraising Ideas


Fundraising

Okay, so that is still a little daunting. But, there is no mountain big enough, y'all!

4 comments:

Annie said...

Good luck this weekend!!!

Gary and Michelle said...

I'll be praying that the Lord will bring plenty of people on Saturday - with plenty of money :)

Michelle

eastandwest said...

I'll be praying for loaves and fishes! Shelbi had three garage sales to bring home Benjamin out of the same donations. We called her garage the "loaves and fishes garage" since it just kept multiplying. Don't forget the elliptical tonight, or if the van is full, we can bring it!

The Source said...

When y'all bring that leftover load to town(if there are leftovers...hoping it's all GONE Saturday afternoon!!) we'll have a sofa and an air hockey table for you to come after. And I'll be up in the attic searching for more between now and then. Heather is going to come help sell, and she'll be bringing a load of homemade yummy stuff to sell. So make sure to let us know when you're coming.