Beautiful Life





Hey child up and go; A big world is out there waiting for us to live in every day. Outside you will find, there is love all around you; Takes you, makes you wanna' say; That it's a beautiful life and it's a beautiful world and it's a beautiful time to be here, to be here, to be here. -Fisher

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Look Who's 21!


Hint:  It's not the Asian!


What I wanna know is how did she go from the little peanut I met in early '92 to a college junior and who told her she could?



I threw together a small family {as if we are a small family!} dinner for a celebration earlier this week.
It is so nice having her so close during the school year!  No.  That is not red wine in our glasses!  Even though Lizzie was about to turn 21.  That is our family's way of showing something is a big deal.  We use sparkling juice! 


And this is quite possibly the ugliest cake EVER in the history of my cakes! I do not know what happened.  I made the same cake I always make for her birthday, Chocolate Chocolate Chip Pound Cake That Isn't A Pound Cake At All.  Yes, that is the name I gave it! Clearly Lizzie was impressed with my culinary prowess, too.  As evidenced by that expression on her face! 


The cake shortly after it emerged from the oven.  Yeah, it was that great! At this point, I did what any self-respecting pastry chef would do....if I were a self-respecting pastry chef....or even just a pastry chef.  I whipped up a batch of Hershey's Perfectly Chocolate Chocolate icing and tried to hide the .....ummmmm.....imperfections. 

There was no point.

No one was fooled!


But, that's okay.  Lizzie said that God loves ugly cake too!


The cake was good, but being with Lizzie was GREAT!


We love you sooooo much and hope your year is spectacular!

No comments: