Beautiful Life





Hey child up and go; A big world is out there waiting for us to live in every day. Outside you will find, there is love all around you; Takes you, makes you wanna' say; That it's a beautiful life and it's a beautiful world and it's a beautiful time to be here, to be here, to be here. -Fisher

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Back in Time




This post obviously isn't a recap of anything adoption related or a look back at how far we've come as an adoptive family.




It's about a little time travel!  The kind of time travel that takes place when two boys got to go back to The Roaring Twenties!  But, ahead as grown men.  As an actor/producer and a director in Hollywood.  It was a sort of back in time, ahead in time experiment, I guess!  





I don't have to tell you that it was quite interesting to see my boys as grown men from a different time period!  And right now, that is the only way I want to see my boys as grown men!  Just so you know. 



But, boy were they handsome in this time period! When Lizzie saw the thumbnail to this picture {before I told her what the pictures were all about}, she thought it was a picture of her Papa Shaw {my daddy}! 



What was this all about? Well, our homeschool student council hosted a 1920's themed mystery party that our twins attended.  In costume! Along with about 30 other 8th through 12th graders.  Mostly in costume. 



The party was apparently a huge success.  I can tell you that my boys had an absolute blast and we feel so blessed that while some teen boys are loitering at the mall, hanging off their "girlfriends" as I saw this spring break week, my boys are perfectly happy to be having G-rated fun under parental supervision with their friends! 



This mystery party involved some of the top actors, actresses, agents, directors and producers of the time.  All trying to solve the who done it mystery while also trying to make alliances with other actors, directors and producers to complete an award winning movie! 







Based on how confident Noah looks here, I am afraid we may be in big trouble.




And no!  My children did not take up smoking for the night.  They simply thought these fake cigarettes we found at the local costume store were hilarious!  And it did make them seem more authentic. I have to admit that it was pretty neat that you could "blow smoke".  Right up Noah's practical joke side!

Who ever said that homeschoolers are unsocialized has never hung out with my kids for a week!  


No comments: