Beautiful Life





Hey child up and go; A big world is out there waiting for us to live in every day. Outside you will find, there is love all around you; Takes you, makes you wanna' say; That it's a beautiful life and it's a beautiful world and it's a beautiful time to be here, to be here, to be here. -Fisher

Sunday, June 24, 2012

So much.

Okay, so much for post after post. This having 5 kids at home thing really takes a bite out of my so called free time! Since my last post was in April and it is now.....

Oh my gosh!

Is it really the end of June?

Well then. I guess I'm more behind than I thought. Moving along. What have we been up to? Since April?

Isabel and I got to go see her favorite (and only) Godmother, staring as Ms. Hannigan in Annie at a theater downtown. It was wonderful! Cindi was great and as a bonus, Uncle Morgan and MM (God-sister) were also in the play.  And the coolest part was spending time alone with Isabel. The kid really digs plays too!




We went Strawberry picking. A big favorite spring activity around here!





Our Saturdays are always busy with projects, Honey-do lists, yard work, laundry, and housework. No fun there. So, we try to do a lot of Sunday afternoon picnics in the spring. The weather is always nice and we have great places to pull-up some grass around here!

Sometimes there is tree-cimbing involved. :)




Clearly fifteen is not too old for tree-climbing!







And there is always frolicking. 
'Cause what's a good picnic without some frolicking?
 Right!?


There is also always a beautiful view! Well, we do live in Charleston you know. 


We are surrounded by water and marsh.



And beautiful parks!




So spring is pretty cool around here!


But, probably the highlight of the spring was Lizzie's College of Charleston graduation! 





After four years of hard work and dedication, she has a well deserved degree in Anthropology.
We are so very proud of the young lady Lizzie has become and we know that the future holds many wonderful opportunities and amazing adventures for her!


We are hopeful that her first adventure will start with France. She has applied to be an Au Pair for a family in France and if she can get her visa sorted out she should be leaving the country in August. Travel is something Lizzie has always wanted and while we will miss her dearly, we want her to have the time of her life!

I think I'll end this update here with this bit about Lizzie. I don't want to detract from the awesomeness of her achievements by carrying on with the story of our lives just yet. Instead we can soak in pride for a few days. And then I'll pick up where I left off.....

Promise.

And now, Shawn Gour, you made a deal with me! You wanted pictures and you got them. Pictures for pictures, girl! So, I better be seeing some of your pictures in my inbox of a certain little someone very soon! :)

No comments: