Beautiful Life





Hey child up and go; A big world is out there waiting for us to live in every day. Outside you will find, there is love all around you; Takes you, makes you wanna' say; That it's a beautiful life and it's a beautiful world and it's a beautiful time to be here, to be here, to be here. -Fisher

Monday, August 3, 2009

Painting and Saying Goodbye.

Yeah, this would be:




Un-Extreme Home Makeover:
Phase III Part 1
**sigh**

I am perfectly and painfully aware that Phase II is not yet complete.

But, there were teenagers, and teenager = help. However, I learned a very important lesson here..... teenager is not synonymous with painter.

As a matter of fact, teenagers+paint+ladder=mess! And, teenagers+8 year old+3year old+paint= bigger mess! Please do not attempt this at home folks!

Unless you have anti-anxiety medication at your disposal.

I am blissfully, one of the those few people, it seems, in this world that just don't know how to sweat the small stuff. Some of you don't classify painting a bedroom "small stuff". I do. I know, I know. I need a different medication at my disposal. Obviously. Haven't you read my summer posts? Don't you know what goes on around here?


















Isabel chose an aqua color from her new comforter sets, so two wall are aqua.




Claire needed pink for her two walls!
Boy, that turned out to be a loud combination!



They were four of the cutest painters to ever wield a paint brush! And, they got the job done...quickly, I might add. Good thing I'm not a perfectionist. **sigh** Poor Brianna is though, and she had a rough time, what with all the other "painters" painting away with abandon. Let's just say that she spent more time going behind them....trying to ummmm, revise several areas. Mostly the places where the "Pink Frenzy" met "Rapids". Or, where either color met trim.....or ceiling. Ahem. Let's just admit that Darling Daughter and Isabel paint with a flourish and leave it at that! Okay? And, Brianna. Well, she got her mother's genes. She needed a xanax that day. And I found it strangely fascinating to watch her spiral into her perfectionist hysteria! That doesn't make me a bad Aunt, does it?

Does it?

I enjoyed the whole ordeal. Ordeal isn't always a bad word, you know.

Best of all, they had fun, Isabel has great memories of getting to paint her own room with the coolest teenagers in town, and I got photos of the experience!

Sadly, the next day, we had to say goodbye to our teenage invasion. They heading back to their homes and the families that I know missed them. After all, it is illegal to keep kids that aren't your own for longer than their families let you. **sigh**

Claire has a new bestest friend


Goodbye, girls. It was fun. **sniff sniff**
Come back soon!

No comments: