Beautiful Life





Hey child up and go; A big world is out there waiting for us to live in every day. Outside you will find, there is love all around you; Takes you, makes you wanna' say; That it's a beautiful life and it's a beautiful world and it's a beautiful time to be here, to be here, to be here. -Fisher

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Sometimes It's The Little Things...

You know, I took the time and spent the energy to make this week fun for all. I feel that I succeeded, so I have no regrets. But, it cracks me up that the things that seemed to thrill the teenagers most were....ummmm, the things that make the least sense! The little things. Like finding out that I had a contraption in my sunroom that I use to dangle unruly children upside down!


No, seriously.


See? And, guess who got to be first!


Actually, this is an inverter. It was bought to help my compressed disks....and it does, when I find the time to use it. Okay, name a mother of five, that homeschools AND has time to dangle by their ankles upside down several times a day!!! But, I promise that as soon as this last group of campers leaves for the summer I am going to carve out time for the treadmill and the inverter. If for no other reason than so I can say I use them and therefore they were not a waste of money. Like say, hubby's bowflex knock-off or the punching bag that hung in the garage for years! HA!



For some strange reason, the act of hanging upside down really tickled this kid!


Guess what else entertained DD?



The fact that our air conditioner broke down one evening and we realized this around 9pm! This fact alone did not do it for her. It was the idea that we might walk across the street and sleep with Meme and Papa, Paul's parents! That inspired these two teen girls to jump up and shout "adventure" and then pack their bags, grab their pillows and run across the street! HELLO? Houston, we have a problem here. Air Conditioner broken=Adventure??? Who knew!




Of course the fact that Meme has cola in her house fired them up beyond belief and they proceeded to drown themselves in high fructose corn syrup!


And, stayed up all night playing cards and making shadow puppets that ate my child's face in her sleep.... during their caffeine and sugar induced stupor!! Yes, ate my child's face. Thankfully, she was blissfully unaware of said trauma, as she did not ingest chemically enhanced drinks and was able to sleep like a baby.



As was Claire, who opted to sleep with Meme and Papa rather than take a spot on the floor with many of the other kiddos!


Like Christian, who drew the straw to sleep on the floor with Parker, while Noah, got the couch!

Isabel got a smaller sofa in the sunroom with Brianna and Darling Daughter. Their seniority scored them an air mattress!

And Claire chose to sleep with her blanket over her face...


because, this is a little bit scary y'all!

1 comment:

The Source said...

OMG! Well, why do you think she cheered for so many years?? She got to fly through the air upside down! You just never know what's going to entertain a teenager! We planned a spectaular sweet 16 and ALL of them crammed nto my foyer and colored on paper towels with markers till 4am.

I shudder to think what she'll be like once she gets home and back on her usual high fructose corn syrup diet!!

Thank you for blogging the adventures this week! I really appreciate you having her come down! Please pack her up and send her home now...I miss her!!

WHen can your boys come spend a few nights?