Beautiful Life





Hey child up and go; A big world is out there waiting for us to live in every day. Outside you will find, there is love all around you; Takes you, makes you wanna' say; That it's a beautiful life and it's a beautiful world and it's a beautiful time to be here, to be here, to be here. -Fisher

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Pretending!

Yesterday, I went into Claire's room to get her out of bed. She had slept, for the first time, in her new "big girl bunk bed". On the bottom, of course! I was worried that she might fall out, but we are not able to put her toddler rails on this bed, because it would just make it too hard to get her in and out. So, we put her to bed and hoped for the best. She did not fall out! When I went to get her in the morning, I made a big deal about what a big girl she was and how she stayed in her bed. She lapped up the praise! A few minutes later, while I cathed her and changed her diaper, I make the comment that if she would learn to go potty* now, she would be a real big girl.

Claire contemplated this. Then she looked right at me and said, "I just want to be a pretend big girl!"

Alrighty then!

*By going potty, I don't mean tinkle. We know that she can not do that and has no control over it. However, there is evidence that she does know when she needs to poo and it is possible that she could be potty trained for that. But, she is reluctant because she has fear of the potty. I haven't pushed it yet.

No comments: