Beautiful Life





Hey child up and go; A big world is out there waiting for us to live in every day. Outside you will find, there is love all around you; Takes you, makes you wanna' say; That it's a beautiful life and it's a beautiful world and it's a beautiful time to be here, to be here, to be here. -Fisher

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Bringing It In!

We brought in the New Year in the usual way for us Gours.....


All together!




Every one of us....even if not consciously!


And sober.


Not to be party poopers or anything....we do have confetti!



And, a loud New Years toast.




Well, not too loud. 'Cause ya know, one of us was not partaking.

Want to hear how our first day of the new year went? Want to? HUH?

We pretty much spent the first day of the new year in bed. Well, we got up around 11am. So half the day in bed! When I say we, I mean every stinkin' last one of us. I even had to wake Claire up. I think this whole, no-naps-during-the-holidays-cause-we-are-too-busy thing has gotten to her. Then we ate, dressed, did a few chores, invited some friends over for a sleep over, ate, got undressed, and went back to bed. Thrilling, I know. I was here for it.

Welcome to the Gour Family Adventures!
If you choose to continue to follow along, don't say I didn't warn you.

And for January 2nd....

Okay this is where it gets a little bit of crazy.


And, I'm not even sure how I lost control of this actual situation..... Because I do believe I told Isabel she was NOT going to participate in the Swim team Polar Bear Swim this morning. I'm certain I told her that we would go to raise money, but that she was not, under any circumstances, getting into a freezing pool with a head cold. I even made sure we were the teeniest bit late so we missed the "big splash" of when all participating jumped into the deep end! That way I wouldn't have to see her tear up because I am a mean mommy. Although, I did get talked into letting her wear her suit....you know, just so she could show her team spirit. Yeah, right!

But what is this?

Is that my crazy child, stripped down to her suit and running for the pool?




Yeah, it was.
Because after much whining (oh, that was mostly me, 'cause it was cold and early!) and puppy dog eyes (that was Isabel) and a little begging (Isabel again), Paul finally just said "fine, go then".
Ummmm.....and she did!

I thought she moved pretty fast to strip and get into the pool before her daddy could change his mind, but that was nothing to how fast she moved to get OUT of the pool and back up to us!


Yep. Here she comes.

And, her mom....did not bring a towel. Because, she was not supposed to go in!



Wet and Cold...my l'il SharkPolar Bear!

Thanks to Mrs. Buck for finding us a towel!


And the crowd goes wild! Or, maybe that's just Mrs. Coury!

And, she got a hug from Coach Brad for being a lunatic!

And her bestie, Maggie, was there for moral support!
Thank Goodness!

3 comments:

eastandwest said...

She is NUTS. I was freezing all day and I was dry!

The Source said...

Isabel, girl, you are completely crazy! Heather and I are proud of you for taking the plunge! Hope you got all warmed up again.

Michelle said...

see bell, maggie is not crazy like you! but i still love you!!