Beautiful Life





Hey child up and go; A big world is out there waiting for us to live in every day. Outside you will find, there is love all around you; Takes you, makes you wanna' say; That it's a beautiful life and it's a beautiful world and it's a beautiful time to be here, to be here, to be here. -Fisher

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Corn in Indiana

There is a lot of it. I know this because I spent hours driving past it, through it, around it, in it. It's only creepy if you think about that movie....you know the one.

Kentucky is full of horses. White horses, black horses, brown horses....and hows. Hows are, according to my niece, horses that look like cows. You know because of the spots. Goofy, I know. But, when I saw one, I couldn't help thinking, "Oooo, a how".

Then we finally made it to Tennessee. The clouds were low and down in the valleys of the little mountains around the state line. Isabel was in awe of it. I forget that she hasn't seen scenery like that much before. It was almost dark though so she didn't see much of it.

We are on our way home. Our vacation, is over. Sadly. It was fun. So much fun! And, I have more pictures to share once I get back to my house.

We ate too much, played too long, spent more than we should have and loved every minute of it. Chicago was a blast! Visiting with the Caudills and the Gulkes was so yummy!

Karla and I are making plans already! Plans for our next gathering! Plans for more families to join us, hopefully! Wouldn't it be great if our whole travel group got together again!!!!

3 comments:

Brianna said...

"Visiting with the Caudills and the Gulkes was so yummy!" ???

Glad you got to see a how for yourslef. :)

Cindi Carver-Futch said...

Looks like you guys had an awesome time. Isn't Chicago surprisingly fun?! I wish we could have been there at the same time, but maybe another time. You're right, there is so much to do! We're looking forward to being there in a few weeks...after driving through The Stand and seeing The Children of the Corn, that is :)

Blessed Mom of Four AND More said...

Ahh, we just returned from MI, through OH, KY, and TN, before back home to GA.
Josie-Tatum was equally fascinated by the beauty of the TN mountians. I admit they take my breath away, too.

If I ever move from GA, I think it will be to TN. It is absolutely beautiful.

Blessings,
Robbie