Beautiful Life





Hey child up and go; A big world is out there waiting for us to live in every day. Outside you will find, there is love all around you; Takes you, makes you wanna' say; That it's a beautiful life and it's a beautiful world and it's a beautiful time to be here, to be here, to be here. -Fisher

Friday, July 10, 2009

Let's Rehash!

Okay, so I've been home since Monday afternoon...but not on here. I couldn't rationalize getting on the computer to post anything when my family was literally minutes from having to go naked! I really had to do the laundry! And, boy was there a lot of it. Plus we had to get to our final swim meet, unpack, and deal with our very needy pets! But, I'm back! I'm working on several posts including a summer reading post, a swim team re-cap, and a few others!

So, we had a great trip! We loved getting to see this cute family on the first leg of it. They were wonderful hosts in Tennessee. And, I was serious when I said we want to have a China travel group reunion. Tennessee seems like a great central location too! I think we should all crash at the Caudills! HeHe, kidding! Anna just had a small panic attack!

Shane, Anna and YoYo


For the most part, YoYo didn't want to have anything to do with Claire....he had his eyes on Isabel! Like Claire, he seems to take to older children more than children his own age...I guess there is plenty of time for them to warm up to each other later (hehe). But, look what happened when she fell down in the parking lot....

Awww, what a gentleman!
And, I just had to include this picture 'cause I love this woman!


Going back to St. Louis was like going back to a favorite vacation spot. I don't know why I'm so attached to St. Louie, but I am. Maybe I associate it with so many good things that have happened for Claire. Maybe it's because they have toasted ravioli! I don't know, but if I could afford it, we would go there once a year!


We may have too anyway. Claire is supposed to have a follow-up in January. Dr. Dobbs said that if all is still going well and we don't see a visible change in her feet, that we can postpone it. Whew! 'Cause I don't think there is any way to afford that trip right after Christmas. Plus, we can email him pictures of her feet and he can tell us if he sees a problem. How cool is that?


And if being in St. Louis was like going to a favorite vacation spot, visiting the Gulkes was like visiting family!




The Gours and the Gulkes, sans Brett, the oldest, who had to work.

You've seen some of the pictures from our Chicago trip. But, here are few more that I wanted to share.

Noah and Brett having and little.....ummm, one on one.

Brett just graduated from high school and has decided to join the Marines. He is just a wonderful young man, so please keep him and the Gulkes in your prayers as he begins this new chapter in his life! He was working a lot while we were in town, so he wasn't able to spend time in the city with us. But, when he was around he made sure to spend time with the kids!

Isabel gets a makeover with Becca!

And loves playing with Sammy the pet snake.


When Brett is around there is bound to be some rough play...and my kids just eat that up anyway!



Brett comes in handy in a pool too. He makes a great springboard!



Scary...but I'm not really sure what is going on here...


Kung Fu Swimming!





Shot Put Swimming!

Clear for launch!


The Gour's in the Big City

Claire gets to walk a lot!


The boys hanging out with Josh.


Isabel with Becca

The many faces of Mia! This is Silly Face!

And this cute face is supposed to be Angry Face! She didn't quite make angry this time!

The best part of our trip this summer was remembering what it was like last year when our adopted children were so new to our families. They have, all three, come so far in just a year and it is amazing to see! YoYo and Claire talk so much now. All three kids are so happy and healthy and Mia is running everywhere and climbing and getting into everything! They are so smart and so beautiful. And, we just can't imagine life before them!

No comments: