Beautiful Life





Hey child up and go; A big world is out there waiting for us to live in every day. Outside you will find, there is love all around you; Takes you, makes you wanna' say; That it's a beautiful life and it's a beautiful world and it's a beautiful time to be here, to be here, to be here. -Fisher

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Getting the Dos Done!

I'll be the first to admit that I don't spend bunches of time or money on a beauty regime. As a matter 0f fact, the contents of my bag 'o tricks consists of a tub of Noxzema and a pot of Ponds. Yep. That's the sum of it!

While my teenage self would consume a painstaking hour with customary cosmetic applications and beauty treatments, my almost 40 year old self spends about 10 minutes a day primping. Total, y'all.

And, maybe you think it shows. I'm okay with that.

What I am not okay with is gray hair. Gray. Hair. Gray hair just makes you feel old even when you didn't before you noticed you had gray hair.

Being the frugal-stay-at-home-mom that I am, I tried self coloring kits. Years ago. That didn't go so well. So, I gave in and that is the one expense that I am willing to fork out for. Unfortunately for me, my colorist/stylist/hair doer person skipped out and didn't tell anyone where she went. Yes, she did!

Thankfully, I have some friends with good hair. Friends with good hair = good hair dressers, because I am too old to have friends that don't need hair color!


It was LONG overdue, but I went to my "new" salon today. And just for kicks, I took all the kids. Because doesn't that sound like fun to you? Two and a half hours in a salon with four kids. No?



Mommy loves Isabel's hair growing out!

Isabel loves to get her hair cut!

Isabel won!

She is quite adorable in this sweet pageboy bob type coiffure, if I do say so myself!



And, I do!

Claire is going to grow her hair out, but she got a tensy trim. This was her FIRST time in the chair and she did amazingly well!





Mom has been giving her all her trims until now.
She thought it was great fun to be like Isabel and get her hair did!


And look!
Miss Mary Sue didn't even trim your eyebrows with your bangs like mommy does!


All done!


The girls loved looking in the mirrors!

Isabel thought Mommy needed her picture taken too. Thankfully she did it after the color and cut was performed!

She even made sure to get a close up of the gray-less color for you.
Bless her!


Since the boys were looking a tad bit shaggy, I wrangled them into the chair too!


Noah was thrilled to be having his photo taken during this experience!
Thrilled, I tell you!

But, he kept his humor anyway.

A successful afternoon?
But, Parker is the real test.
His hair is sneakily hard to deal with.
It is thicker than it looks, has a tendency to frizz and holds a head of hidden cowlicks!

So, did she tame the tiger?
You'll just have to wait to see,
The picture I took afterwards came out all blurry.
So I took my newly quaffed family home so we could see if it past muster with the Mr.

Suffice it to say, I believe we have us a new hairstylist.
For the whole lot of us!
Well, except for Paul.
His mommy still does his hair!
Yes she does.
LOL!

5 comments:

The Source said...

Awww..everyone looks terrific! I love your hair that length! It looks really good.

Ryan's hair is hard to deal with, also. It's sort of coarse and a little flippy and some sticky-up bits. Won't even discuss Heather's. Ugh. It's better if we just let nature have her way and allow the curls to have their way.

eastandwest said...

Love the sassy bobs!

Annie said...

Love it all!!! You all look gorgeous!!!

Michelle said...

cute haircut bell!!!! everyone else looks good too LOL

wingepr said...

I love the new haircut. Looks great.