Beautiful Life





Hey child up and go; A big world is out there waiting for us to live in every day. Outside you will find, there is love all around you; Takes you, makes you wanna' say; That it's a beautiful life and it's a beautiful world and it's a beautiful time to be here, to be here, to be here. -Fisher

Monday, January 17, 2011

Unlikely

In the unlikely event that are still one or two of you out there reading this blog.....I thought I'd tell you I'M STILL HERE.  Shocking, I know. 

Actually, shocking would be if YOU are still here! 

I am knee deep in preparations to leave the country.  Knee deep in plans for the homeschool standardized testing that I coordinate this time every year.  Knee deep in plans for the Father-Daughter-Dance that I volunteered to coordinate for this March!  I am neck deep in fundraising and finalizing.  I am buried under laundry and housework and homeschooling. 

But, it's all good, because I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have it any other way!

One of the things we had to take care of was wrting a letter to go with our Lifesong account.  My husband decided to take it upon himself to take care of this feat and I was so glad to have that off my plate.  He began the letter:

Many of you are aware of the calling that God has placed on our hearts, that we would adopt another fatherless child into our family. You also know how much we have been blessed by our adopted daughter, Claire, and the inspiration that she is to so many who have witnessed the miracle of her healing!

I don't know if you get tired of me bringing it up, but I just don't get tired of saying it!  THEY SAID SHE WAS NOT LIKELY TO WALK!  Doctors in China were so convienced of it, that they never had her club feet corrected or even tried therapy with her.  They simply said she wouldn't and so she was treated as if she could not.  Period.  Doctor's here didn't hold out much hope either. 

Well, to any doctor that told a child they couldn't just because they shouldn't be able to.......



What do you say, now?














Nothing like having three very active older sibs to have to try to keep up with, right?  There was no way she was going to let them have all the fun!  And soon there will be a little brother to keep up with too.  Talk about motivation!  I assure you, she isn't going to just sit there and let a younger brother run circles around her.  NO. WAY.

How soon?  Well, your guess is as good as mine. 

More about that tomorrow.

Well you didn't think I'd give you all the updates in one post did you?  Then what would I have to blog about the rest of the week???

4 comments:

Annie said...

Oh Chelsea!!!! Your Claire is just amazing and just brings tears to my eyes! I pray every night for the Lord's continued provision for your newest precious one!

Marti Pieper said...

I don't always read on the day you post, and I don't always comment, but I'm here. And praying. And wishing I were back to experience your wonderful test coordination and our beloved Father-Daughter Dance and to meet your lovely addition and addition-to-be.

Praying and sending love from Florida!

Mike and Kathy Perry said...

Oh my! This was JUST the encouragement I needed today - seeing your little one playing basketball. Not knowing how well Kimi will be able to walk when we get her...well, this just made my day! And we might be in China at the same time, depending on those ever-elusive TAs!

Sue said...

HI
Im usually a luker, I remember when you adopted this little princess, we both used CHI. Anyway, I am so thrilled to see her playing basketball. She has come so far. It really warms my heart.
Bless your family and the best on your return trip to China!
Sue