Beautiful Life





Hey child up and go; A big world is out there waiting for us to live in every day. Outside you will find, there is love all around you; Takes you, makes you wanna' say; That it's a beautiful life and it's a beautiful world and it's a beautiful time to be here, to be here, to be here. -Fisher

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

In Awe

I'm sure you have all seen the changes recently in the fundraising thermometers.  We were so blessed by the donations we received in December! 

And not just the big one, but also the two $25 donations that came in right after Christmas.  Those meant a lot too, because I know it would be hard for me to scrape together even $10 the week after Christmas! 

Then there was the donation given by a sweet family that adopted their daughter after we adopted Claire.  They followed our journey and we followed theirs.  Actually, they were THE OTHER FAMILY.  They recently told their adoption story at a concert and helped inspire people to sponsor orphans.  When the concert was over, a nice lady walked up and put some cash in their hands.  They decided to make sure it went to bring a child home and donated it to us. 

And, we closed out two fundraisers that we will get paid for this month!  Two fundraisers that were made possible because someone else gave up.  Gave up their profit, so we could Bring Asher Home!  And others shopped for our cause. 

These stories just leave me in AWE

Because I know WHO orchestrates them. 

Amazingly, we now have all our agency fees, and our visas paid for.  We exceeded our goal for the month of December and that was just amazing!  Here I was thinking that setting a goal of $5000 was lofty.  Well, it was lofty.  Just not impossible for our mountain-moving, God!

All this has left me, as I've said..... in awe.  But today I am particularly in awe.  I marvel at the lengths to which three girls would go to help others out.  Today the mercury on that thermometer is going up another $175.  Why?  Because three girls set out to make a difference......and boy did they!


Meet Caroline, Mary Foster and Brianna.  Three girls that dedicated a part of their Christmas break to something bigger than themselves. Three girls that didn't just talk about how they could change the world, the did it!  They hit the streets of their neighborhood and took cookie orders before Christmas.  Then they baked their hearts out to fill those orders and made about $600!  $600!  Three pre-teen girls with $600 dollars in their pockets, did not head to the mall to spend the money on nail polish and new boots, toys, and video games for themselves.  No.  Each girl chose someone to benefit from her hard work.  All the profits were donated.  Water Missions, a mission family in Uganda and Bring Asher Home were the recipients.  And yesterday, these three presented themselves on my doorstep, envelope of money in hand.  And I stand in awe yet again! 

When I grow up, I hope I'm just like them.