See, I told you Isabel is my own personal rainbow!
I posted that picture to cheer myself up. There is nothing fun to report on the adoption front. This is just one of those times where there is nothing to do but wait. It's too early to pack, it's too early to book travel. I've done the visas, which came in the mail yesterday. Two multi-entry, 12 month China visas.
A package of TAs was delivered to our agency today, but ours was not in it. The good news is that our dates are next in line. They could get another delivery on Friday, but it's more likely that it will come on Monday and hopefully ours will be there! In the mean time, we wait.
I guess I need to go look for some long underwear. I hear it's pretty brutal in Northern China in February! I'm still hopeful that we will travel in February. We have a small window and if we can get a consulate appointment for the first week of March, and get all our funds in order, we are outta here! We will head to China 17 or 18th of February. If we miss that window, we have a conflict and can't leave until after March 11th.
Want something to pray for? Here is our list right now:
- Pray that our boy is safe and warm and healthy.
- Pray that he will be somewhat prepared for what is about to happen.
- Pray that all we will be able to raise all the funds needed to go sooner rather than later.
- Pray that we will get out Travel Approval soon so we can book our travel. The sooner we book, the less expensive it will be.
- Pray that we don't make any mistakes when we are booking our travel. Last time our agency did all this for us, this time we are doing it ourselves in an effort to save money!
- Pray that I don't loose my mind!
- Pray that Paul doesn't loose his mind!
- Pray that we are able to get everything set up for the kids we are leaving here at home. They will need to get to and from classes and sports events and social engagements. We will be gone for at least 2 weeks and I want them to be distracted enough not to realize it!
- Pray that all our hearts are ready for the changes that are coming.