Beautiful Life





Hey child up and go; A big world is out there waiting for us to live in every day. Outside you will find, there is love all around you; Takes you, makes you wanna' say; That it's a beautiful life and it's a beautiful world and it's a beautiful time to be here, to be here, to be here. -Fisher

Friday, June 26, 2009

Wouldn't You Know...

When I woke up this morning I was ahead of the game.....by the time we left for our trip, we were THREE HOURS behind schedule! Paul left for the vet's office around 9:00am this morning. We knew that we needed to get Georgia in before we left for this trip. He didn't get back until 1:00pm! Apparently every animal in Charleston also needed to see our vet! The vet said she's a....and I quote "cow". Yes, thank you! Our girl weighed in at 105lbs of pure black lab love. She also has an ear infection (thank you, Michelle for the early diagnosis)....actually, a yeast infection in her ears. That would be thanks to the little dogs licking her ears all the time! Ewwwww! Otherwise, she's as healthy as a horse....ummm, cow!

Anyhoo! As luck would have it, we also discovered a nail in one of our tires while Paul was rotating them this afternoon. Nothing like waiting until the last minute to do the car maintenance. But, what can I say, that man is busy! So, off to Wally World to get a tire plugged. That cost us another hour.

At least we had a nice smooth drive with no bad weather. We made it to my parents in the customary three hours and are currently trying to get everyone wrangled into bed!

So, it's off to Tennessee tomorrow! See ya later gator!

4 comments:

Susan said...

Okay, now my feelings are hurt. You come all the way to Missouri and you not going to stop and see us? If we would have known you were headed our way we could have met you in St Louis. My folks are across the river in Jerseyville Il. Well I hope you have a wonderful trip. You are in our prayers. Susan Corkern (cole and Katelynn's mom).
P.S. We should be traveling to China in August to bring Kate home.

Brianna said...

Ohh, ohh, I know, I know!
~After 'while crocodile!
~Todaloo Kangaroo!
~Hit the road toad!
~Got to go, buffalo!

Did I win this time? :D

The Gulke Family said...

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Gulke Family said...

I can't wait until you get here.