Beautiful Life





Hey child up and go; A big world is out there waiting for us to live in every day. Outside you will find, there is love all around you; Takes you, makes you wanna' say; That it's a beautiful life and it's a beautiful world and it's a beautiful time to be here, to be here, to be here. -Fisher

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A Simple Woman?


Okay, so I saw this on a blog I follow, Always In My Heart.  It originally came from The Simple Woman.   It's called The Simple Woman's Daybook and the gist of it is that it's just supposed to help you keep a journal going on your blog...in a simple way. "... focusing on simplicity...beauty of the 'everyday moments', so says the Simple Woman. 

Simple is GOOD!  Gives you something to say, even if you didn't think you had anything to say.  I thought, GREAT!  Because there are many days that I want to blog, but don't really have time to ponder life enough to blog well. 

Only..... one or two of the concepts actually require....er.... pondering.  Which, I think we have established, I do not have time to do!  So, I guess my Simple Woman's Daybook needs to be simplified.  Figures.

FOR TODAY

February 3, 2010

Outside my window...first sunny skies I've seen in days and probably the last. 

I am thinking...I really need to finish all my paperwork for first semester homeschooling.

I am thankful for...Carolina Children's Charity, who called to tell us that they will pay the difference for Claire's new AFO's and shoes.  Insurance left a deficit of over $500.00!  But, still thankful that insurance paid for part too!! 

From the learning rooms...slow day today.  Finished up chapter on Fish, discussed geography project with the boys, helped Isabel get caught up in math and worked with Claire on some sight words.   

From the kitchen...I don't know yet, but it's going to involve roasted broccoli and sweet potatoes...

I am wearing...Grey yoga pants and a Mickey Mouse t-shirt.  Okay, you got me!  I never got out of my pajamas today.  I homeschool and clothes were optional today.   

I am reading...actually, just finished a 4 book series by Terri Blackstock, The Restoration Series.  It's from what I call my easy reading stack.  Books I can finish in about a week and that don't require a whole lotta brain thinking.  Good books.  Interesting concept.  Also reading the book of Isaiah.  Slow going....it requires pondering....
I am hearing...Isabel whistle while she works.....love that kid, hate whistling sounds.  Dogs barking in the back yard.

Around the house...small renditions of ocean creatures are being made to fill our "Swimming Creatures of the Fifth Day" diorama.  Claire is napping.

One of my favorite things....is my portable heater blowing on my cold feet.
Here is picture for thought I am sharing...


I don't mind the winter....but I long to go to the beach and hear the surf. 

2 comments:

The Source said...

Cool! What a good idea. Two things: What first semester paperwork?! Is there something I'm supposed to be doing other than keeping a portfolio and progress reports? Do I have to have anything besides grades? Like a written assessment? Was I supposed to send papers into my group or can I wait 'til school's over? Help.

Also, we just finished doing a project on Isaiah. We read through, pulled out several of his prophecies, found where and when they actually happened in the New Testament, documented and illustrated the verses and put it all together as a book. It was very interesting! A great way for my two to see how God works things out just as He says.

Did you ever grow triops while doing to science you're using right now? We decided to grow some and they're currently freaking me out!

Oh! And Ryan...totally whistles all the time,too. He and Isabel, I'm telling you...two peas.

Karen said...

Great Simple woman post! I was so glad when I found it on another blog that I follow too!