Beautiful Life





Hey child up and go; A big world is out there waiting for us to live in every day. Outside you will find, there is love all around you; Takes you, makes you wanna' say; That it's a beautiful life and it's a beautiful world and it's a beautiful time to be here, to be here, to be here. -Fisher

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Overboard!

Yes, it is quite possible that I go a little overboard around this time of year.  The next five weeks are only the the best weeks of the year, y'all! And our house is already bustling and bristling with excitement!  And this week?  This Thanksgiving week?  Has new meaning this year!  THIS YEAR MY FAMILY IS COMING TO MY HOUSE!  Which has never, ever happened.  Well....I mean, they've been to my house, just not for Thanksgiving!  I  go to them, or stay here and have the day with Paul's family.  But, circumstances aligned themselves this year so that when I offhandedly said we could do it at my house, everyone took me up on the offer! 

Yay! 

Yeah, only I get a little bit excited about his kind of stuff.  And, maybe go just a little overboard.  As in, I decided I wanted them to see my tree, so that meant that the tree needed to go up before Thanksgiving, which meant that the living room and hall needed to be painted now and the outlets and switches had to be changed out and the paint in the kitchen and bathroom needed to be touched up!  Makes sense, doesn't it?  Okay, maybe only to me!

And, because my family is coming from three hours away, I don't want them to have to cook and bring a lot of stuff, so guess who is doing the cooking????

Anyway, several days into my planning I sent out an email or two letting everyone know things like, sleeping arrangements, (Mom and Dad and one sister and all cousins will be at my house, one sister and husband will be in hotel) and menu items and such stuff.  I thought they'd think I was nutters for all my excitement.  But, that was until my baby sister replied to my email.  Now we know who is the nut in this family.....

Dear Travel Chelsea,
Thank you for my upcoming travel itinerary. We enjoy using our trusted travel agency as you always find us the best deals and ensure our complete preparedness.
Our deposit of 1 dessert custard pie will be made upon arrival of our destination and we will plan to tip the concierge for their hospitality (and grocery bill).

The reservations for our dinner sound splendid. I have no meal preference changes to the menu. If the chef would care to make the green beans into a green bean casserole, you will hear no complaints from me, but rest assured the absence of those delightful little fried onions upon dreamy, creamy mushroom marinated beans will not take away from my overall dining experience.


We are tickled you have decided to throw us an optional end of the trip celebration with small people and other talking animals. ( referring to Chuck E. Cheese birthday lunch for Claire)  I am unable to speak for my chauffeur (husband), but I would love to partake.


Much to the dismay of my therapist who is currently treating me for Shiny Object Syndrome, I am most excited for the tourist attraction (James Island Festival of Lights show) you have scheduled for us to see.


Thank you, Travel Chelsea, for your detailed planning and commitment to excellence. My upcoming holiday excursion sounds like the perfect little getaway I’ve been hoping for!!!!

Kindest Regards,

Amy


PS: I believe I would also like to adopt your tagline, Justlovemeforbeingme (this was how I signed my email).  Thanks and keep doing what you’re doing!

Need I say more?

Hoping you and yours have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

I  am so Thankful for my nutty family!  How 'bout you?

2 comments:

Michelle said...

your whole family is crazy!!!! i am jealous, i want to be there for the lights. maybe all of you can cram in the monster van (the little kids under the seats until you have paid) so you can see them together. i am still waiting on pics of the paint. hope you all have a great thanksgiving!

btw amy, she makes my reservations for me too, however i do have an input on meals & excursions. i love the child care that is provided there too. i never have to worry about my wild child!

Sharon and Michael said...

Love your family holiday shots. :) And Isabel did a great job. Just what color are your walls there you've just had painted? :)