Beautiful Life





Hey child up and go; A big world is out there waiting for us to live in every day. Outside you will find, there is love all around you; Takes you, makes you wanna' say; That it's a beautiful life and it's a beautiful world and it's a beautiful time to be here, to be here, to be here. -Fisher

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Too Fast!

These days I have to be very careful.  Time seems to be going at warp speed.  If you are a mom, I'm sure  you know what I am talking about.  One day you have a baby in your arms and the next....



There's a fourteen year old sitting across the table from you.   It's happening too fast!   I barely got over the twins becoming TEENAGRS last fall.   



Okay, truth be told, I'm not really over it yet.  I may never recover.  But, I spend my days trying hard not to blink too much.  I blink and it's all over folks!




Last week we had a birthday dinner for them.  If we lived in Arkansas we'd have two new drivers in the house. 



Thank you LORD, that we do not live in Arkansas!  I couldn't take it.  And please don't think that this is the moment to remind me that they will be driving age in South Carolina in just 12 short months.  I much prefer to live in denial THANKYOUVERYMUCH. 

 

Birthday dinner is always with family, often with friends....





And, of course, cake.




Two boys... fast becoming men.
Too fast.

Then there's the matter of the toddler that joined our family just two and half short years ago. 
Well, darn if she didn't go and turn FIVE this week!

Five.



Can you believe it? 


How is it even possible that she is this big?

All day long she would say to me, "I'm not 4."  And she was so sure that she had grown that she made me measure her against her line on the door frame from this summer.  She said she had to be bigger than her 4 year old self!

Thank goodness, she had actually grown or we would have one disappointed kid on our hands.

Apparently I blinked again.
She is growing up fast.
Too fast!



No comments: