Beautiful Life





Hey child up and go; A big world is out there waiting for us to live in every day. Outside you will find, there is love all around you; Takes you, makes you wanna' say; That it's a beautiful life and it's a beautiful world and it's a beautiful time to be here, to be here, to be here. -Fisher

Friday, November 5, 2010

Something is different.




I don't know if you noticed or not, but something is different this morning. What is it? Did you notice that the iPad donation buttons are missing? Yes, that is what it is. No we have not had the drawing yet! Don't worry, you haven't missed that!

But, I did have to remove all the Paypal options from this site. Why? Well, the short and simple version is that Paypal suspected that it was a raffle, which is against their rules. I understand. I quite frankly don't have the time to be upset about this. I did send them a request to reconsider, as our giveaway rules specifically state that you do not have to purchase anything to be entered to win the iPad. And I do, in fact, have people entered that have not donated to Bring Asher Home.

And I have accepted donations since we started the giveaway, from people who do not want to be entered to win the iPad! They just wanted to give to Bring Asher Home. As a matter of fact, several hundred dollars was included in that balance by people who specifically stated that they did not want the iPad.

But, *sigh* what can a girl do?

Well, what a girl can do is comply with Paypal to keep my standing with them for now. So, I removed their buttons from this site. I realize that will make it a little more difficult for anyone that still wants to donate to Bring Asher Home for the duration of our wait. That's okay. We can figure something out.
 
 
 
In the words of my husband, "that's just a blip in our day". Y'all we can't dwell on this kind of stuff. Asher is way to important for me to waste time being upset about logistics. God is Good all the time! And, nothing will stand in His way of getting this baby home. I truly believe that!

The iPad? Yes, we are still giving the iPad away and yes you can still be entered. All you have to do is leave me a comment with your name, email address and shipping address. I will email you your number for the iPad within 24 hours! And, don't worry! Your comment will not show up on my blog with all your personal info out there for all the world to see. I would never do that to you.

If you want to donate to Bring Asher Home, just request my home address and you can send us a check!
The suggested donation is still $10 per entry, but you do not HAVE to donate anything to be entered!

Do you believe it?  As of midnight last night, we have raised $790 to Bring Asher Home!  Today I am up in my hometown preparing for a massive yard sale to raise even more!





God is Good!

I wondered when we said we'd have another sale up here if we would have nearly the amount of stuff for it that we had at our sale in Charleston.  Oh. My. Goodness.  Never challenge God!  I honestly believe that we have MORE stuff for this sale than we had for the sale in Charleston.  I brought a car load up from Charleston.  Paul is renting a U-Haul right now to bring what is left in our garage....and sunroon....and living room.  AND!  My friends and family here are supplying so much that we are going to spend all day picking it up and lugging it over to the sale spot.  It will probably take hours to get it unloaded from that house to the yard tomorrow too! 

God is Good!

No comments: