Beautiful Life





Hey child up and go; A big world is out there waiting for us to live in every day. Outside you will find, there is love all around you; Takes you, makes you wanna' say; That it's a beautiful life and it's a beautiful world and it's a beautiful time to be here, to be here, to be here. -Fisher

Friday, July 4, 2008

Fourth of July

Today we celebrate! In our family we celebrate Independence Day, but we have other things to celebrate too. Today is also my grandmother's birthday. On July 4th, 1913, Evelyn Annie Hanson was born. She was born too early and weighed only 4 pounds. I doubt they thought she'd live but they wrapped her in batting and stuck her in a box in front of the wood stove to keep her warm. The Feisty little thing did make it and she has been feisty all her life! Unfortunately, I have not seen her in while, as she lives in a nursing home three hours from me. But, Grandma, I'm thinking of you. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!


Today is also my parent's 44th wedding anniversary! I'm thinking of you too! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! I love you!


We spent the day at the beach. Claire had to stay in a stroller to keep sand out of her casts but she seemed to enjoy it. It was her first time at the beach. Paul is the only one in our family that would really rather not be at the beach. He has sand issues! But he was okay with it today since we were at a house on the beach that his cousin rents. I'll have pictures tomorrow!

No comments: