Beautiful Life





Hey child up and go; A big world is out there waiting for us to live in every day. Outside you will find, there is love all around you; Takes you, makes you wanna' say; That it's a beautiful life and it's a beautiful world and it's a beautiful time to be here, to be here, to be here. -Fisher

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

TA DA!

On my birthday, July 11th, I was awarded my first Blog Award! The award was given to me by my friend over at The Source. She is a high school friend that found my adoption blog and has been following our story. I am so honored that she thought it worthy of this award! Unfortunately, it has only taken me...what, 3 weeks to get around to accepting it!
According to Blog rules:

The winner can put the logo on her blog

Link the person you received your award from

Nominate at least 7 other blogs

Put links to those blogs on your site

Leave messages on the blogs you've nominated

Here's my dilemma. I don't actually follow that many other blogs and the most of the ones I do follow are adoption blogs! I barely have time to write my own! Of course, now that I've seen the list of blogs that my friend nominated for the blog award, I'm very interested in reading those and, of course, she writes a great blog too. But, that doesn't solve my problem now. One of my favorite blogs is not open to the public right now, due to adoption laws, so I don't think I should nominate Never Say Never. Sorry, Regina! Well, I nominate....

Ni Hao Y'all. This blog belongs to an amazing woman of God with a great sense of humor, that has four biological children and now, four adopted children from china, several with special needs.

Waiting Child. This is a blog that belongs to a family from our China travel group. They stepped out in faith to bring home a child that by all accounts should not be alive today. This mother tells of how they found him and how he survived, until they picked up his "red thread" and brought him HOME. This is the story of Yoyo and his amazing parents!

Chinese Starfish. This blog belongs to a South African woman living in China. She operates a small foster home for special needs orphans with the main goal being to get their medical needs attended to using private funds and grants and getting them adopted out to their forever families! Amanda is an amazing woman, fighting a good fight!

Crazy Mommy. This blog belongs to a mom with 2 bio and 2 adopted children from China. Three of the children have special needs, including one with autism. She usually has a very positive outlook and a great sense of humor.

The Ten O'Clock Scholar. This blog belongs to a Christian homeschooling mom of 3. I found this blog recently, while looking for homeschooling blogs and really liked it but I confess that I have only been reading it for a short while and have not had time to go too far back in the archives. So far, so good!

That's it. Like I said, I don't really follow other blogs that much. I could nominate a bunch of blogs that I've looked at and thought were neat but I don't really think that is in the spirit of the award. But, I am still honored to have been worthy to get the award myself!

2 comments:

Rina said...

Don't forget us...
www.shpiruk.blogspot.com
We want an award....ok, ok, maybe just a shout out....ok, ok maybe just a nod will do...

Rina

Kerry said...

Hi! I'm working on my award post right now...just trying to select my nominees.

Thank you for the award - I am REALLY flattered!

I'm not sure you noticed this or not, but we are a prospective adoptive family! We are adopting from Armenia. However, I traveled to China with a dear friend in 2007to bring home her daughter from China - you can read about that on the Ten O'Clock Scholar under "Travels".

Our adoption blog is: www.afieldmadeready.blogspot.com - I hope you'll come check out that one, too!