Beautiful Life





Hey child up and go; A big world is out there waiting for us to live in every day. Outside you will find, there is love all around you; Takes you, makes you wanna' say; That it's a beautiful life and it's a beautiful world and it's a beautiful time to be here, to be here, to be here. -Fisher

Friday, January 30, 2009

One Year Ago Today....


I saw this picture on a multi-agency special needs list. Oddly, I saw it on the website for Great Wall and not my agency, Children's Hope. You aren't supposed to see photo-listings from China on other agency's sites but some agencies used to break bend that rule...shame on them. Being nosey very curious, I sometimes checked around to see what I could see. I noticed that no one from that agency was even reviewing her file and knowing that we could not request a child whose file was not with our agency, I sent up a hasty prayer.....you see, her sweet face caught my attention, but I was only just beginning to realize that God's plan for us wasn't just adoption, but to adopt a child other's might not feel able to. My prayer that if that child's file appeared on my agency's list I would jump at a chance for it, quickly turned into the path that lead directly to the blessing of adding Claire to our family. That simple prayer was answered the following day and served as some confirmation for me of what I felt I was being called to! My God and my husband broadened my understanding over the next few weeks as we waited to view her file and made our decision. They helped me to realize that it wasn't about me, or even our other children. It was about putting faith in God to provide the resources and give us the strength and wisdom to parent the child he'd chosen for our family.... no matter what.

The rest is the history of this blog and has resulted in one of the biggest blessings of all of our lives! The other children, that I worried I would be burdening with another child's needs, have gained the most through this all. They love and adore their sister and have learned compassion, empathy, patience and tolerance in ways they didn't understand before Claire became part of our family. I am so thankful that God called us to this adventure!
Pictures of Claire doing her favorite things!
Reading a Noah's Ark book with her Noah
Playing with her Little People camper...'cause it doesn't get much cuter than a Little People pop-up camper to remind her how much she LOVED camping! LOL!
She loves her people!
And her books






Don't forget her most favorite thing in this world....letters...and puzzles, how cool when you can get them together!!!

5 comments:

The Source said...

Wow...look at all that's happened in just 365 days! God does amazing things. Of course, we didn't know your family before Claire, but I can't imagine the Gours without her!

Yvette said...

This month has been so emotional for me. We first saw Kate on her birthday, Jan 9, and then spent the rest of the month making excited plans, going to Chinese New Years activities in anticipation of our new daughter. This month, has reminded me of how excited and nervous we were a year ago . . . Big hugs to all of you!

Brianna said...

How sweet is she!
When I look at you and your family, I just wonder how people can still say there isn't a God. His glory shines through y'all everyday.

Annabanana said...

Yeahhhhh! Oh for the joy and happiness and sweet baby girl kisses! Happy Birthday (in a way!)! So very glad that you decided to take the plunge and open your arms to your sweet baby girl. YoYo is glad, too ;)

Blessed Mom of Four AND More said...

Oh my, that sweet face. That would keep me up at night, knowing that face needed a mama. I love the Jesus in our stories, bringing our families together.
Blessings,
Robbie