Beautiful Life





Hey child up and go; A big world is out there waiting for us to live in every day. Outside you will find, there is love all around you; Takes you, makes you wanna' say; That it's a beautiful life and it's a beautiful world and it's a beautiful time to be here, to be here, to be here. -Fisher

Monday, January 19, 2009

Un-Extreme Home Makeover: Phase I Part 1

I wish I could say that this is what happened at my house this morning.....


but alas, I woke up from that dream. Oh well.

This is what happened at my house today!



And it wasn't a dream! The best part- that is NOT my Paul's derrière up there on that there roof! We saw enough of that back in the fall, right Annabanna? It belongs to a gen-u-ine, actual roofer! Yes it does!

They were crawling all over my house today starting at 8:30 this morning, and had the whole thing off before 11 0'clock! DO YOU SEE HOW STEEP THAT ROOF PITCH IS? Yeah, that would be why my Paul is NOT on that roof and won't be....ever again, because that is a 30 roof folks!



Okay, I thought the guys working the roof were nuts enough, but this guy took the cake (where did he take the cake? That's what I want to know.) Anyway, he rode the boom up to the roof from the truck that brought in the shingles. There is a BIG warning sign on the truck that says.....wait for it......yep, RIDING ON THE BOOM COULD RESULT IN DEATH OR SERIOUS INJURY. Duh! I want to know if this guy's mother knows what he's doing????

And who knew that roofing was a spectator sport? These guys had the day off from school and guess what they chose to do.....watch the roofers, of course.


By lunch time we were onto stage two: putting the new roof on!

No comments: