Beautiful Life





Hey child up and go; A big world is out there waiting for us to live in every day. Outside you will find, there is love all around you; Takes you, makes you wanna' say; That it's a beautiful life and it's a beautiful world and it's a beautiful time to be here, to be here, to be here. -Fisher

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Almost

Well, we are almost ready for our camping trip. This will be the first trip we have taken in over a year and only the second one in our pop-up camper. We pulled the camper out this weekend and popped it up so it could air out a little and I could pack it. The kids love playing in it while I do this and Claire was right there in the mix. Every day this week she sees that camper in the driveway and says,"I go camping!" Hopefully she will like it this much once it's parked in the woods!!!


Isabel is hard at work here, making the banana bread for the trip!


Noah and Parker have been helping me pack the camper today!


Our plan is to pull out tomorrow morning and get to the state park around check-in time. Weather . com says we are in for sunny days!! HURRAY! Cold, but sunny! Hopefully it won't take long to set up and then we can get to the relaxing part! I know, some people think that will be hard for me! While visiting my house one weekend, my brother -in-law told me that he got worn out just watching me. It's true, I don't sit still for long! And, I'm sure that I won't be doing a lot of sitting on this trip either but it's not the same kind of busy! I enjoy puttering around the campsite and taking hikes.

We are so excited that we will get to hike. We didn't think we would because of Claire but we stopped into a local children's consignment shop and got a back-pack carrier for Claire for $15! What a deal! Paul strapped it on and walked around the store with Claire on his back. She wasn't crazy about it at first....what's new! But she got over it! We also picked up a toddler bed rail so she can sleep on the twin bed in the camper without falling out. Good, idea huh? I was going to put her in the king bed with me and Paul but then I envisioned her slamming that Dobbs brace down on my leg in the middle of the night......ummm, no thanks! Isabel will get to be our bed buddy instead. She says she wants to sleep in the twin with Claire.....good luck with that!



Lizzie came over tonight for dinner and did some bonding time with Claire, keeping her out of my hair while I did some more packing! Thanks Lizzie!

I hope to be able to post some during the trip. But, I'm not making any promises. So, don't be surprised if you don't hear from me until Monday! Happy Camping!


And just so you know...Claire has been walking EVERYWHERE! She walked down the aisle at church, walked up and down the nursery halls at church, walked down the street to see her Meme and walked across the yard to Ms. Jan's to talk to her! Today, she walked for Mrs. Denise, her physical therapist and she gets to keep this walker until ours comes in.

Today was also the day that our social worker came to do our six month post-placement report. She was so surprised at the changes in Claire. Claire was so shy the first time they met, three months ago. She wouldn't even look at Mrs. Linda. Today she did puzzles and "read" several of her favorite books for Mrs. Linda!

No comments: