Beautiful Life





Hey child up and go; A big world is out there waiting for us to live in every day. Outside you will find, there is love all around you; Takes you, makes you wanna' say; That it's a beautiful life and it's a beautiful world and it's a beautiful time to be here, to be here, to be here. -Fisher

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Did I mention..


Claire's new favorite thing to do is take a bath.....a real, honest to goodness BATH! IN THE TUB no less!! Don't you love her audience!


Two weeks ago, she cried because I put both her feet in the sink, at the same time during her bath *gasp*. Then one night, while Isabel was bathing, she pulled up on the side of the tub and said, "Claire take a bath!" I asked her if she was sure she wanted to get in there. She replied "take off clothes!" Ooookay......I complied, expecting at any minute that she would change her mind, as only a two year old can....as if you thought I'd really get in that basin of horror, mother! But, her resolve held and in she went. She was tentative at first, but playing and soaping it up within minutes! I bathed her and washed her hair with very little opposition. She continued to play. She stayed in so long that I had to add more warm water. At some point, Isabel had had enough and vacated so Claire had the tub all to herself. That is when she surprised me the most! She asked me to move the toys and then she pretended to swim!! Yes, the kid that hated the pool! I was surprised that she knew to kick her feet and move her arms like she was really swimming. Of course, she drew the line at submerging her face. That did not happen! She actually got some water in her mouth and carried on like it was vinegar, spitting and proclaiming, "YUCKY"! All my other kids tried to drink the bathwater. Whatever!



Everyone that knows Claire, knows that just because she does something once, does not mean that she will ever do it again. But, I am happy to say that she has asked to "take baff" everyday since then and has actually gotten back in the tub 3 times! HURRAY for progress!

By the way, keep Claire and Paul in your prayers today and tomorrow. They flew back to St. Louis this morning. Claire has a follow-up with Dr. Dobbs tomorrow to be sure that her feet are doing what they are supposed to be doing and that the brace is fitting properly. If all goes well, I think we are done with St. Louis for a while. They will be home late tomorrow night. Thanks!

2 comments:

wingepr said...

Yea!! The first bath we gave Grace she looked at us like we had lost our mind. But the 2nd one, she was asking for more toys and having a ball. Kids are so funny.

She looks like she is having a good time.

a Tonggu Momma said...

Congrats! It took us months to bathe our daughter the Tongginator without me climbing into the bathtub with her. I found your blog via The Source. It's always wonderful to see another child join his or her forever family.