Beautiful Life





Hey child up and go; A big world is out there waiting for us to live in every day. Outside you will find, there is love all around you; Takes you, makes you wanna' say; That it's a beautiful life and it's a beautiful world and it's a beautiful time to be here, to be here, to be here. -Fisher

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Days like today......

are the kind of days that help you forget that you need a new roof, the kids have outgrown everything they own and now another child needs glasses. Days like today remind you that there are more important things than the dishes in the sink or the pile of laundry in the closet.

Today our homeschool group held an all-day family picnic at the most spectacular private park, owned by a local Christian, homeschool parent and leader in our community, Curtis Bostic and family. As the co-leader of this group, I helped plan the event. Admittedly, I did very little because the other leader, Donna Porter, is an amazing woman and really has her act together. I'm thinking that I don't lately...have my act together, that is. I know I have a few excuses but really, it's time I stopped using them.

Anyway, thanks to Donna and the Bostics, I got to sit in a rocking chair on a covered porch and watch my kids swim and jump in a pond with a trampoline in it! I got to take pictures of them riding horses and climbing 30 foot rock walls and watch them run free on acres of land! I know that doesn't sound like the ideal day to some people, but to someone that loves seeing her kids get to do things they don't get to do often...or ever, it was great! I also got to have a few actual conversations with other adults *gasp*! I know! It was amazing! There are some wonderful families in our group and even though my children were there, and dozens more, they were occupied most of the time!

For a few hours, I forgot about the trappings of life and remembered what I have to be thankful for. There is a lot, the least of which is that if I had had to pay for all the things my children did today, we would have to eat ketchup soup and bread for two weeks, so I won't list it all!


Isabel on Squanto, the "Indian" horse. This is her first ride on an actual horse!


Noah really enjoyed this and went twice!

Claire surprised us all and not only pet the horsey but also sat in the saddle! She didn't like when it moved though. Elizabeth Bostic, Curtis and Jenny's daughter was very kind and let Claire pet Sport for as long as she wanted! This is such a break through for a child that covers her eyes at the zoo! I thought she would cry when she saw the horses but she squealed with delight instead!

Parker climbed this wall many times today. Since it usually costs $4 or $5 a person to do a climbing wall and three kids want to do it, we usually have to skip that activity but today they got to do it as much as they wanted and it didn't cost a thing!


Isabel gave it a shot. I'm really glad I never spent money for her to try it, because now I know, she doesn't care for it! She went about 4 feet!





But she LOVED this! The trampoline was a big hit with all the kids!

This verse comes to me now: Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!~Philippians 4:4. So, now I guess I need to go rejoice...... that I have bills to pay and laundry to do!

Rejoicing over here!

Lots and lots of rejoicing!

2 comments:

wingepr said...

Wow, that was an amazing day! First time I've ever seen a trampoline in a pond before, bet the kids loved that.

Michelle said...

looks like fun! i want to go next time, even though i cant figure out what math page to teach your child! LOL