Beautiful Life





Hey child up and go; A big world is out there waiting for us to live in every day. Outside you will find, there is love all around you; Takes you, makes you wanna' say; That it's a beautiful life and it's a beautiful world and it's a beautiful time to be here, to be here, to be here. -Fisher

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Camping

Well we didn't get off to the early start I had hoped for and it took much longer than we expected to actually get to the campground, but WE MADE IT! We pulled in just as the sun was going down and got set up as quickly as possible.

We had lots of help.....as you can see!

We managed to get dinner but we were very late getting to bed. Claire seemed to enjoy it for a while. Then I set up the table/twin bed into a bed for her, complete with toddler bed rails. I put her in it and she gave me this look that said she thought I'd lost my mind! "Claire go home!" was all she would say for quite some time. She did finally settle down and go to sleep but it wasn't until after all the lights were out and everyone else was in bed.



Claire in her bed......right before she realized it was her bed!

The boys in their bed....they forgot to pack pajamas so they have to sleep in their clothes! They are boys, they don't care!

It got pretty cold last night but we were snug with our little heater fan! Right up until I pulled Isabel's pillow out of the side of the bed and realized that the draft I felt was because we had failed to secure the tent to the underside of the beds! Paul was sleeping soundly so I got up at some bizarre hour with Isabel and a flashlight and we did it! After that we had an uneventful night! We woke up with squirrels playing on the roof of the pop-up. That was pretty entertaining! Then we spent the day....doing a whole lot of nothing! We hiked, the kids fished and I read a book! Right now I am up at the ranger station or state park store or whatever it is called using the wireless. Paul and boys drove up here with me and then left me and the girls in the van and walked along the lake to go back to the campsite on the other side. I have to say, this is one of the most beautiful lakes I've ever seen. The water is very clear and at night, when they release water from the dam, you hear waves. It's like being at a beach resort! LOL! Seriously, it is very pretty up here!

Here is Claire trying to call her grandparents to come get her this morning! She said "I don't like it"! I asked her "what don't you like?" She said, "camping!" OH!

Paul made us a yummy french toast breakfast. The boys decided that food tastes better when you are camping! OKAY!

Isabel loves washing dishes in this teeny sink! Knock yourself out girl!
Lake Jocassee





Hiking!

We had a wonderful day!


Isabel was so excited to get to fish. She didn't catch anything but she sure looked cute!

No comments: