Beautiful Life





Hey child up and go; A big world is out there waiting for us to live in every day. Outside you will find, there is love all around you; Takes you, makes you wanna' say; That it's a beautiful life and it's a beautiful world and it's a beautiful time to be here, to be here, to be here. -Fisher

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Praying Parents


If you've been over to the Prayer Meetin' at Significant Source, or if you're going, you will see that she has written about praying for her son, The Oldest. As Christian parents, we feel it is our duty and our joy to pray for our children daily. Sometimes it's easy, and I think praying comes more naturally to some than to others. I know it does, in fact. After years of praying for my children, but not really feeling that I knew what I was doing....okay, I know what you're thinking...how hard can it be? Right? I know it's as simple as asking that God protect them and keep them healthy. I do that. But, I often feel it's not enough. Well, I found a great book recently that is really helping me do my job better~ The Power of a Praying Parent by Stormie Omartin! Of course, this woman must spend like 29 hours a day praying for her children....but the book is a great resource! I thought I'd put that out there in case anyone else feels inadequate at this whole prayer thing....like me.

1 comment:

The Source said...

Chelsea, I'm going to email you privately with the answers God gave us today...sometimes He works quickly...I'm not sure how much Todd would want me to share publicly.

Anyway, you're so right about the importance of praying for our children. I believe that there are instances when we need to be very specific (even though God knows their needs) and then times when we can't do anything but hand them over and ask for Him to take care of them. And always praying over them for protection. I love that book.