Beautiful Life





Hey child up and go; A big world is out there waiting for us to live in every day. Outside you will find, there is love all around you; Takes you, makes you wanna' say; That it's a beautiful life and it's a beautiful world and it's a beautiful time to be here, to be here, to be here. -Fisher

Saturday, February 28, 2009

There's something fishy....




at the Aquarium! I bet you thought I was crazy enough animal lovin' enough to get another pet! Trust me, I have threatened the next child that mentions the "P" word, with wet noodle lashings! But, that doesn't mean I won't take them to LOOK at some really cool animals. So, when our day wasn't turning out the way I'd hoped and it looked like we weren't going to get enough school work done to count it....I did what any self-respecting homeschool mom would do...FIELD TRIP! One great thing about living in Charleston is that you CAN NOT GET BORED! There are plenty of cool things to do and see in this town. The Aquarium is just one place from a long list of excellent field trips around here.

Playing in the new Camp Carolina area!

Parker is scaling the cliff side to get over to the camp area!

Claire enjoyed the campfire. This brought back memories for her and she started talking about going camping again! She wants her Daddy to get her camper out!

Look Meme! I have on my life jacket....just in case! You know, in case a rogue wave happens to leap out of the harbor and come crashing onto the second story of the building! I think her look says it all!

There is a story behind that poke at my mother-in-law. It involves Paul and his siblings having to wear life jackets way too often and tying the baby to a tree.....but that's a story for another day....and a therapist! Love you, Dianne! :)

My what big teeth you have Mr. Alligator!

Isabel is counting all the yummy hidden little flounder!

Noah's electric personality has attracted the large eel, as you can see!

Even with a whole foot of glass between her and the creatures in the ocean, Isabel is not even a little bit happy about sitting this close !

Up close and personal! I love this picture even though it is a little blurry.

Claire is enjoying a "live encounter" with...

Luna the Virginia Opossum!

I bet my mother-in-law just screamed!

And, this lovely snake!

Yep, that was her screaming again!

Holding a hermit crab can be ticklish!

The girls were not interested in holding this spider crab. Isabel said she was not happy about anything with the word "spider" in it! It just gave her the creeps!

3 comments:

Brianna said...

Me neither with the spider.....IIHH!!

Yvette said...

Hey, we've been to that aquarium! I've got a great photo of Alex with that very same frog! I'll stick a photo on my blog . . . it's the least I can do. I've been so inactive lately!

Blessed Mom of Four AND More said...

Looks like lots of fun! We've been to the aquarium in Charleston, too. (That walker reminds me of somebody. ;)
Robbie