Beautiful Life





Hey child up and go; A big world is out there waiting for us to live in every day. Outside you will find, there is love all around you; Takes you, makes you wanna' say; That it's a beautiful life and it's a beautiful world and it's a beautiful time to be here, to be here, to be here. -Fisher

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

On The Home Front

Un-Extreme Home Makeover: Phase II, Part 4

The Kitchen Counters!




Well, six weeks after starting this project, (have I mentioned that we aren't speedy) we finally have new counter tops! What a difference it makes too! Only, too bad we didn't realize we wouldn't have a sink for 24 hours! Now my lovely new counters are covered in dirty dishes that haven't been rinsed. Oh well! We had to let the glue set or something. But, they were so beautiful!


Being installed....... NOT by us!


See how nice. Would be nicer if we had installed our faux copper backsplash on the wall there already....but we haven't. Nope. Haven't. Even. Ordered. It. Yet. Scarlett O'Hara will worry about that tomorrow.




And for those of you that really want to see what they look like up close and personal...



It's called Diana Pearl. I don't know why. It is a Capaccino color with flecks of white, black, brown, pinkish (but not much), and blue.




First thing this morning, Paul started working on installing the new faucets, the water filtration system and the new garbage disposal....and ummmm.....well, he's still working on it. Have I mentioned how much that man loves plumbing? Yeah well, that's 'cause he doesn't! He has been to the Home Depot three times today. He has spent at least five hours concentrating solely on this task. And when he finally finishes, I'm sure something will leak , it will work perfectly!! And we will all sigh a sigh of relief and live happily ever after...as soon as the floor is laid, the trim is, ummmm, trimmed, the paint is touched up, the laundry closet doors are hung and so on!


Oh, and the people have to come back when they get the 4 inch back splash right. One piece was cut too small and has to be redone. I can see this kitchen being done around JUNE! Oh yeah, and we haven't put knobs or handles on the cabinets yet! This is the never ending kitchen makeover!


Why haven't we put knobs or handles on the cabinets yet? Well, would you do all handles or all knobs or mix them? If you mix them, would you put the handles on the cabinets and the knobs on the drawers or the other way around? This is why the cabinets don't have any yet!! We can't figure out which way we want to do it. I really can't have this many choices in front of me, people! I think I'll put a pole over on the top right side. VOTE and maybe that will help us! I'll leave it there for the week.

8 comments:

Observer of Life said...

I voted all handles, for functionality, though I like the looks of knobs for cabinets & handles for drawers.

3 houses ago, we had all handles & it worked well. 1 house ago, we had all knobs, & they kept coming off, & the screws tended to strip. I think if they are going to get a lot of use, (how many kids do you have???) the handles will probably hold up better. Plus, if you're ever needing to attach one of those childproof locks on a cabinet, they work better with handles.

The house we're in now has no knobs or handles on the cabinets or drawers yet! We have to pick them out, & haven't gotten around to it. Our cabinet doors are very heavy, so I think we'll probably go with handles. When you pick yours out, post a picture so we can see what you chose!

Anonymous said...

I am sooooo coveting your countertops and the way they hug the sink. That is so hot. When y'all replace something, y'all do it!

Love the Easter pics-sweet sweet girls in the cutest dresses. Isabelle looks so grown up!

The Source said...

Did I comment yet? I guess not. I love the way your kitchen is coming along! It's looking great and I can't wait to see the finished product. I know you'll be glad when it's over.

I voted for handles AND knobs.

Brianna said...

Definately both handles and knobs. Totally. Our house, and every house I've ever been in, has the knobs for the cabinets and the handles for the drawers. I didn't know there was much choice in the matter, but I guess it's one of those things you don't ever think of unless you are in the position to choose... in which case, you don't know what to choose because you've never thought about it.
As long as your kids don't use the handles on the drawers like a ladder to scale the counters with(like Christian does- by the way, they broke), then you're okay. I don't think your kids do that, but anyway.... Go with the mixed; knobs for cabinets, handles for drawers. That's my final answer. And I will vote as many times as I have to in order for you to choose my way. I have passwords, and I'm not afraid to use them- to log onto other people's bolgs and vote as them. Devious, I know. :)

Hobo321 said...

Guess Who? And I'll even give you a hint; it's not James! :)

I believe your only good choice in the matter would be to have handles for your drawers and knobs for your cabinets.

Bfentress said...

If I were Brooke...
I'd vote to have knobs on the cabinets and handles on the drawers.
That sounds like a wonderful idea! I'm glad you agree. :)

Brianna said...

Ummm, I'd like to vote again.
For knobs on the cabinets and handles on the drawers. :)

...I ran out of passwords. I can't remember Rochell's or I'd use that one too. :)

Blessed Mom of Four AND More said...

I've got to learn how to do that cross out thing with words, you crack me up.
Kitchen make-over is looking great...still glad it's you and not me!
Robbie