Beautiful Life





Hey child up and go; A big world is out there waiting for us to live in every day. Outside you will find, there is love all around you; Takes you, makes you wanna' say; That it's a beautiful life and it's a beautiful world and it's a beautiful time to be here, to be here, to be here. -Fisher

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Wednesday Prayer Meetin'






Sorry I'm late! For those of you interested in an update, my mother is improving. She is still in pain and still unable to "do" much other than sit or lay on the couch. Good news....it's Masters Week and that woman LOVES to watch golf, especially if Tiger Woods is playing! So, I have a good idea what she's doing this week! Feel free to head over to the Prayer Meetin' and leave your requests or pray for others if needed. I love what SS has to say this week.

In this year of "firsts" for our Claire I have paid more attention to the celebrations we hold. I didn't realize until this year, how often we do celebrate something.......birthdays, anniversaries, holidays. The last 6 months have revolved around one party or another, beginning with Lizzie's birthday in late October, moving through the boy's birthday, then Claire's, which lasted 3 weeks! Then of course we had Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, Chinese New Years, Valentines and now we approach Easter! Easter.

For us, Easter is more than a party....an egg hunt.....a basket full of candy. Easter is an Honor. It is the day we remember that we do not have to be separated from a perfect God because of our impurities. In His infinite wisdom, The Father knew we would never understand Him or that unless he came down here and explained it Himself. Some of us still have trouble with it. Jesus lived....and ultimately died, so that we could be forgiven. So that we can have a life, at His side, when we die to this world. If we choose that way. So, it is an honor to remember that sacrifice. It is an honor to know that He loved us so much that he would choose to walk among us. To teach us and endure the persecution and terrible pain of being rejected and then tortured to death so that we could be accepted into Heaven. And, I am honored that I can pass this knowledge....this Truth on to my children.

But....right now Claire....well, she will remember the Easter Egg hunt on Friday with her friends and another one on Saturday with her cousins. To her it will be a party and candy....this year. But as she grows in age and size, she grows in understanding too. It is amazing to see her learn and grasp new concepts. I can not wait for the day when she reaches out to take hold of God's promises for her life. The day when she understands the Sacrifice, The Passion!

Pray for our family, that Paul and I would be the parents that we were meant to be for these children. That we guide them in The Way, not just any way!

Also, remember Hannah?



Yes, that Hannah.


I got an email from her mother, which I have yet to get around to responding too, but that is not the point. Hannah had a follow-up MRI of her brain. It showed no change....meaning Hannah does not need surgery!!!! Hurray for Hannah! And, I think we get to see her and her family on Sunday. Hurray for us!!!

2 comments:

Brianna said...

Mom (for no apparent reason, you know her -jk, I know why) asked me to list the Ten Commandments off the top of my head. I got most of them right. But we talked a little bit about them (I learned that to kill is not the same as to murder- murder is a sin- to kill is not... but anyways...). And then Christian walked in the room, and mom said "Christian, what are the Ten Commandments?". He looked up at her and said "What are you talking about?". There is so much that he doesn't or hasn't yet caught onto. He goes to church every Sunday with us, but he has no idea what a lot of it means. What you said about Claire not seeing this holiday as anything more than egg hunts and candy made me think of that. :)
I'm glad to see that Hannah is doing much better. :)
Alison lookes EXACTLY like my youth pastor's wife. About the same age, same face and facial expressions, same voice, same everything. I swear, they are sisters! Brooke agrees with me- I'm not the only crazy person here. :)

Michelle said...

yeah for hannah!