Beautiful Life





Hey child up and go; A big world is out there waiting for us to live in every day. Outside you will find, there is love all around you; Takes you, makes you wanna' say; That it's a beautiful life and it's a beautiful world and it's a beautiful time to be here, to be here, to be here. -Fisher

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Sea Joy



Sea Joy
When I go down by the sandy shore
I can think of nothing I want more
Than to live by the booming blue sea
As the seagulls flutter round about me
I can run about-when the tide is out
With the wind and the sand and the sea all about
And the seagulls are swirling and diving for fish
Oh-to live by the sea is my only wish.
~Jacqueline Bouvier



When the weather begins to warm up and we have even a half-way sunny Sunday, we pack a picnic and drive to the beach after church. Our church is a 15 minute drive from the lovely beaches of The Isle of Palms. We don't bring swimsuits. It's still too chilly for that....okay, the water is freezing. That doesn't seem to stop some people and I really think my kids would get in.....I know my kids would get in, if I let them! But, we go to fly kites, and build sandcastles, and collect shells and play bocce ball. And, although she's been to the beach a few times, this was the first time Claire got to experience the beach. All other times, she was in casts from her toes to her thighs and couldn't touch the water or play in the sand. She was so excited about going! She WANTED her shoes and socks off. For those of you that know Claire, you know that that is a big deal. She NEVER wants her shoes and socks off! As I walked down the beach with her to find our spot, she squealed and shook her head and fists she was so happy. She loved walking in the water and wanted to stay with her feet in the water the whole time! She loved the sand too. She wanted to bury her feet and then mine. She didn't care how wet or sandy she was. She just loved it too much! It was so much fun!



That face says it all!






Noah loves to juggle! Bocce Balls are not light!




Loves to bury feet!

5 comments:

Mercedes said...

What gorgeous photos! You look like you had a fabulous time!

Michelle said...

woohoo!!! another beach bum!!! i am looking foward to a beach trip soon!

Brianna said...

I was already thinking about how Charleston couldn't come any sooner, and then you go and put up pictures like you did that make me go "..ahhh...". I want that so bad. :)

Angelj052@gmail.com said...

Ae you at Folly Beach in these pictures or Sullivans? Either way, it makes me want to go to the beach and play. Wonderful pictures.

The Source said...

Beach baby! You need to look into getting a game called Kub. It's something my parents picked up in Sweden, but I bet you could order it online. It's best played on the beach and it's SO fun! Whenever we set it up people stop by to watch and ask about it. Your boys would love it!