Beautiful Life





Hey child up and go; A big world is out there waiting for us to live in every day. Outside you will find, there is love all around you; Takes you, makes you wanna' say; That it's a beautiful life and it's a beautiful world and it's a beautiful time to be here, to be here, to be here. -Fisher

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Penguins

Last week we went back to the Aquarium because the new penguin exhibit opened. No, I don't need much of an excuse to take off on a Friday afternoon and take a quick field trip. Pretty much anything will do....strawberry picking, shell collecting at the beach, a sale at Children's Place....just kiddin'! Although, as long as I have the kids figure out the discount...isn't that school??? Hee, Hee.


Big sister decided she'd like to take the afternoon at the Aquarium too, so we slowed down near The College long enough for her to jump in the van! :)


Here is the enormous Penguin exhibit. No, really, that's it! The entire exhibit. See, I told you I didn't have to have much excuse! Obviously, we didn't join the Aquarium for the penguins!



But, I think you will agree that the pictures from this trip came out much better than the last. That would be because of my new camera, folks! I ended up with the Sony Cyber-shot DSC H-10. It has a 10 x zoom, but it's still just a "point and shot". A complicated point and shoot, but still a throw-in-your-purse-and-go camera.


If I had tried to take this picture with my other camera it would have come out completely black.

Isn't he cute??? Can I have a horsey?
We had another great time and we loved having Lizzie with us for this trip!

2 comments:

Brianna said...

Kool. We always go to the aquariums when we travel because daddy likes all the fish. But now I have an excuse to go to Charleston! :) Mommy likes the penguins too. This should be a piece of cake. I'll see you soon! :)

Michelle said...

see, now you get my way of thinking about school. the kids figure out the discounts, measure the ingredients for brownies etc...