Beautiful Life





Hey child up and go; A big world is out there waiting for us to live in every day. Outside you will find, there is love all around you; Takes you, makes you wanna' say; That it's a beautiful life and it's a beautiful world and it's a beautiful time to be here, to be here, to be here. -Fisher

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Guest Spot at the Prayer Meetin'




My dear friend, Significant Source, has asked me to do a guest post today for the Prayer Meetin', as she is indispose.....aka island hopping in the British Virgin Isles, y'all! Which I think is so, NOT FAIR since we are all freezing our butts off here in the south! It wouldn't have been too bad if we'd gotten some snow down here in Charleston to make it worth all this cold...BUT, NO! No snow for us! So, let's all wish her "happy sailing", shall we! No, really. And, we need to say a few extra prayers for SS. She hates to fly, but had to in order to get to the boat. She hated to leave her babies too. Pray for the safety of her children and for her in-laws who are watching them.
I wish I was as gifted as my friend at this sort of thing, but guys, I'm just not! She always has such a wonderful message each week, and I look forward to reading it. I will fall short, but I told her I would try, so I will.
I'm sure I'm not the only one that has noticed that times are tough right now. I have several friends with husbands that are out of work. My brother-in-law is working in California while Paul's sister and the kids are still living in Nebraska. My father-in-law was laid off 6 months ago and can not find work. Things are bad for many right now. In fact, I would be surprised if you didn't know at least one person that is struggling financially right now.

Of course, I don't have the answers. I just feel Blessed that my husband does have a job. But, I can say that we have been there. I was pregnant with Isabel when Paul lost his job in 2001. He was laid off again one year later and a few years after that his boss just stopped paying him one day! He just didn't have the money to support his own family and pay Paul for the work he'd done so he chose not to pay Paul. We had a very hard couple of years. In fact, we almost lost our house. I am so thankful that we had the support of family and friends to get us through those years. And, I know now, that God's plan for our lives was way better than the one we thought we had at that time! The things we went through during that time of hardship are priceless to us now. But, how did we get through it then? We leaned heavily on God's word and His promises.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding. ~Proverbs 3:5
But those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint. ~Isaiah 40:31

And one of my favorites-

"For I know the plans I have for you,"
declares the LORD,
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future. ~Jeremiah 29:11

Today I will say an extra prayer for all my friends and family members that are going through some tough times. I hope that you will come to be able to thank God for these times one day. And, I hope you find comfort in the words of our Father.





*check back later today for an update on our Un-Extreme Home Makeover!*

3 comments:

a Tonggu Momma said...

Your message was very timely for me today. (Funny how God works that way.)

I just finished talking with a mom from the Tongginator's school. They are weighing the risks of returning to their house in their hometown. The economy is slowly getting better there, but they worry it might not be enough yet. However, if they stay here, they really don't want to purchase a house in case they can't sell later.

Did I mention the name of their hometown? New Orleans. Yep, they're evacuees.

I'll pray this week for everyone without job security. Times are so tough.

Brianna said...

Success! Good job with the post.
Though this didn't really relate to me much, I still enjoyed it and am thankful that we have been blessed financially.
I will say a prayer for all in need of one.
:)

Anonymous said...

I think you did a very good job with the post. =) Everyone is good at different things. I'll pray for those who are having a hard time financially..things are so hard now..
_Darling Daughter..

**Don't say where the rents are...someone may come get me.