Beautiful Life





Hey child up and go; A big world is out there waiting for us to live in every day. Outside you will find, there is love all around you; Takes you, makes you wanna' say; That it's a beautiful life and it's a beautiful world and it's a beautiful time to be here, to be here, to be here. -Fisher

Friday, March 13, 2009

What do you do.....

when your kids have been sick all week? Not all the kids, and only some have been sick some of the time, and others at other times. Does that make sense? Clear as mud? But, even though they have had the flu, my children rarely get so sick that they just want to lay around.



We got a puzzle to work. The boys really seem to enjoy this....they got that from me. Paul HATES puzzles! Noah is working it with a 102 degree temperature!


Claire is keeping busy with her computer, under the table!




The boys did a lot of reading.

Claire did not get sick at all and Isabel only had it for 24 hours. The biggest challenge has been keeping Claire occupied all day, every day this week!


The boys are feeling better. Still working that puzzle too!


They have been cooped up in this house all week and now they are all stir crazy! The beautiful weather we had this week, seems to have left town now, and it's overcast and chilly again. So much for letting them out to run around for a while! Plus my house is still a disaster area from the construction last week. That construction dust gets on EVERYTHING, and it is not easy to get up either. I dust a room and a day later there is a fine layer covering everything right back up! In the words of my niece, Grrrrrrrr!

And, this is the "mountain of shame", as Paul calls it! My weekly laundry. I got it washed and dried, but, the folding got put off! So I dumped it all on my bed this morning. Now I will HAVE to fold it....or sleep on the floor! Sleeping on the floor doesn't sound as bad as it should right now! Wow we need a vacation!

8 comments:

Hezra said...

oh, I so understand the laundry. I call my pile, Mt Never rest. hee hee, I tried the pile on the bed too, and was so tempted to just put a fitted sheet on it lol . I DID fold it and get it put away.

Mercedes said...

Your "mountain" looks like a molehill compared to mine. And we're all healthy here, so I have no excuse! It looks like everyone is doing well despite having the sickies!

Anonymous said...

I thought I just got off vacation. Pleeeeaaaassse. Don't make me take another vacation!!!???!!! uh, the hospital just called, gotta go!

The Source said...

Wouldn't work for me...if I was sleepy I'd throw it all in the floor and go to bed. :)

I'm glad to hear the boys are beginning to feel better. The flu really knocks kids for a loop, doesn't it?

Brianna said...

I agree with SS. In fact I do it all the time. It's a good system I have going, actually.
I wash the clothes, and once they're dry I get what I want to wear out for the next day before putting the big pile on my bed, thinking that I will HAVE to fold and put them away before I go to bed, right? Wrong. When it's time for bed, I just throw all of the once-clean-clothes on the floor.... where they stay. After being trampled for about a week, I pick up all of the clothes, because at this point, I don't know what is clean from what is not, and wash them all over again. It's a system that has always served me well in the past. And by served, I mean it keeps my room nice and dirty at all times. :)

Stephanie said...

If it gets really bad (and Dale is working nights), I just move it over and sleep with it! Sad but true! LOL

Hope this cool breezy weather blows the flu right out of town so we can all get back to whatever normal is!

Blessed Mom of Four AND More said...

Josie-Tatum was sick all week, too. And, oh so hard to keep Ellie out of "trouble" while I nursed Josie-Tatum. I'm spending Saturday catching up on housework....and a few blogs. ;)
Blessings,
Robbie

Hobo321 said...

Hello This is Briannas friend James nice to meet you, (If you dont mind) Aunt Chelsea 8-D