Beautiful Life





Hey child up and go; A big world is out there waiting for us to live in every day. Outside you will find, there is love all around you; Takes you, makes you wanna' say; That it's a beautiful life and it's a beautiful world and it's a beautiful time to be here, to be here, to be here. -Fisher

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Sometimes, Life Happens

Sorry about missing the Prayer Meetin' yesterday. I did actually stop by Significant Source to read it. I just didn't get to join in. Sometimes life happens. Yesterday was one of those days. After having sick children for 2 1/2 weeks, we finally had a day when everyone was feeling normal....well, as normal as these kids get! But, I had a dentist appointment in the morning. Just a little filling. I returned home with one side of my face swollen like a chipmunk cheek and bruised!! Never seen anything like it. It's still swollen today. And bruised. Anyway, we had to get a bunch of school work done yesterday, because the kids have missed so much lately. Funny thing about the kids school and me being on the computer....they don't get so much done if I'm knee deep in a blog post. So......

I was going to make it up to you by posting a bunch of really cute spring pictures from yesterday afternoon. The kids and I were outside and Claire was blowing bubbles. Like I said, cute! BUT....when I went to download them, I discovered that my camera is broken. Did you hear me? MY CAMERA IS BROKEN! I have the kind that the lens comes out when you turn it on. It is stuck half out and half in and won't budge! It won't turn on for more than a second and then turns itself off. Yes, I changed the batteries.

I don't know if you realize it or not, but my camera is a very important part of me.....like it's attached. I don't go a day without snapping at least one picture! I'm not having a good day here, people!

5 comments:

The Source said...

See...that's why I don't go to the dentist very often. I prefer not to have swollen, painful cheeks. I'd rather knock my teeth out with an ice skate like Tom Hanks did in Castaway. Much quicker and then it's over.

Seriously, I hope your pain eases today and the swelling goes down. And I hate that your camera's broken! Get it fixed...right away! And enjoy this beautiful day!

a Tonggu Momma said...

I don't believe in the dentist! Hee hee. Glad to hear everyone in your house is feeling better. Here's hoping we follow.

Brianna said...

I would say something about how maybe it would do everyone some good to not have a piece of their souls taken away each shot you take (that's what Michaela believes). I would say that there are more things in this life for you to worry about other than your camera. And I would say that I am actually sorry that you broke it. I would.... But I won't. :)

Observer of Life said...

A similar thing happened to my daughter's camera after she took it to the beach. Evidently, a bit of sand had found its way into the lens works. I don't know how, but somehow, she was able to clean it enough to get it sort-of working again (until she really broke it later!) Wonder if it could be sheetrock or other construction dust in your camera? I sure hope you get it working again. I hate it when I don't have a working camera handy!

Michelle said...

didnt that happen before? maybe it is time for a new camera! i miss the pics!

thanks for the uplifting message about the dentist. i am headed there again on 3-25. not looking fwd to it.