Beautiful Life





Hey child up and go; A big world is out there waiting for us to live in every day. Outside you will find, there is love all around you; Takes you, makes you wanna' say; That it's a beautiful life and it's a beautiful world and it's a beautiful time to be here, to be here, to be here. -Fisher

Sunday, March 15, 2009

This is NOT your childhood!


I don't know if you noticed or not, but all through the kitchen re-model posts, my niece kept leaving comments to the effect that I was ripping her childhood out of my house and putting it to the road! Oh dear. Don't think a teenager could be that sentimental? *sigh* See for yourself...

"EEHHHH!!!!! What do you think you are doing to my house!!! Those are my childhood memories you just ripped out of my heart and off the wall! Thanks a lot! I see where the love is in this family!"

Her words...I'm not making this up. If that isn't enough to convince you, how 'bout this....

"You really need to stop showing me pictures of my house all in pieces. Now the pieces are beside the road to be picked up Tuesday and taken away, never to be seen again. ....I didn't even get to say goodbye. :::("


I hopeI'm sure some most of that was just posturing from an over-dramatic a slightly theatrical teenager! However, I need her to know that that trash pile up there....yeah, it is so not her childhood!!!!

This is your childhood, Brianna!

Days and days spent playing at the beach with cousins!

This is NOT your childhood!
Ewwww, not even close, girl!


This camping trip we took you on to Cherokee.....THAT is your childhood!



Brianna, Lizzie and Brooke
"swimming" in my yard
That is your childhood!


Water Parks

Playgrounds
Fun and Games!

Camping trips
That is your childhood!
This is NOT!



When I moved away from home, I started a tradition of having my niece, Brooke, come to Charleston every summer. Thank you Jennifer and Mark, for letting her come each year! Fast forward a few years, and my other sister has a baby too. Brianna. Can't leave her out! Then I have my own kids, but my sisters each have another one too. Megan and Christian. "The tradition" has now taken on a life of it's own, and no one can be left out of it! They won't allow it. The kids start talking about coming as soon as the new year's calendar is put up. So, since she was almost 2, Brianna has been carted down here to spend one or two, sometimes more, weeks with us in Charleston. Now she comes with her younger Brother, Christian in tow, thankyouverymuch, Amy and Charles! The older girls swear that they will keep coming even after they get married. YIKES!
Brooke, Brianna and Lizzie
These times in the summer turned these girls into some very close knit cousins. They are all so different and yet, share so many childhood memories!
Our summers are absolutely wild a little crazy, this is true. And, all my friends, not to mention my family, think I'm bonkers I have a lot of patience. I'm not sure the kids would agree, but whatever! I wouldn't trade this time with these kids for anything in the world....not even a bubble bath! We have made so many memories and I know that these kids will always have a place in their hearts for Charleston.

This is childhood! This is memory making, fun having, silly acting, 10 people in one house cramming, game playing, going places, loud noise making CHILDHOOD! And, don't you forget it!

See you in June!

9 comments:

Brianna said...

:::::::::::)
You make me cry, but the good kind. Yes, I AM that sentimental. Thanks, I feel much better. You have my blessing on the house. Do whatever you want to it. :)
Love you! :)

Hezra said...

Great job Chelsea!! You are so right. Your family is so lucky to have your take on life love and home. Out with the old- in with the new. Have a happy day!

Mom Of Many said...

That was really sweet! And if you live in Charleston - WOW! Dw and I took Abi and Tyler there when they were bite sized for a family vacation - we had a blast! Some of the best times (from my memory 20 years ago) - toured old homes downtown (?) by the water, some sort of indoor downtown market toured an old plantation outside town...oh my it was ALL gorgeous stuff! The downtown home, one of them, was a huge old Victorian...my kids from oldest to little loves architecture,just like their mama =). So even Abi and Tyler enjoyed the architechture of the Victorian, plantation and whatever else.

How blessed you are!!

The Source said...

Awwww...my kids don't have an aunt like you!! Can I send them down your way this summer?? Please?? I have one for each twin.

Hobo321 said...

cool. And nice pictures...can somebody say the word blackmail 8-D
jking but that is cool! Ill pray for you and your house! oh and btw.........I LOVE CHARELSTON!

Andrea said...

Glad to see Brianna's Super Smiley's.

Andrea

Anonymous said...

I love it!!! That is awesome.

junglemama said...

You are so right! Beautiful post!

wingepr said...

Ah, what a great aunt you are.

I just to spend every second I could with an aunt and uncle, they lived close by, Great times.