Beautiful Life





Hey child up and go; A big world is out there waiting for us to live in every day. Outside you will find, there is love all around you; Takes you, makes you wanna' say; That it's a beautiful life and it's a beautiful world and it's a beautiful time to be here, to be here, to be here. -Fisher

Friday, December 5, 2008

Ornaments

Two weekends ago, I had Paul drag the Christmas boxes out of the attic....and down the stairs. Yes I know, it was early. I'm all about Christmas, so the sooner the better as far as I'm concerned! With Thanksgiving falling so late this year, I couldn't wait until after it! So, we got the tree put together......and by we, I mean Paul. Yes, it's artificial. We have to attach each branch. It's sad, I know, but I have two kiddos that get pretty ill at Christmas if we bring a real tree in the house. Then the kids and I put all the ornaments up. We have tons! I like Christmas, remember! Every year since the kids were born, I've bought them a new ornament. I also have ornaments I've collected and ornaments my mom gave me from her tree. Back in 2006, the year we started our adoption, I bought an ornament for Claire.





We had just picked out her name, so I ordered this ornament from another adoptive parent that handmade them and personalized them. Around the outside, it says Merry Christmas 2006 and the inside says "Waiting for Claire". When it came and we put it on the tree, I remember thinking, she'll be home by this time next year. That was wishful thinking! The reality was that China adoptions slowed to a snail's pace and we had no idea when we would bring our baby home.



The next Christmas I bought this ornament. We were still "Waiting for Claire" in 2007. I remember telling Paul that he'd better just get on a plane and go find my baby because I wanted her home! Secretly, I wondered how many more "waiting" ornaments was I going to have to purchase, but I emailed the woman that I hoped this was the last one. In all honesty, I knew that we could be in for a very long wait but I had faith that God had perfect timing, and I really felt that she would be home by the next Christmas.

I first saw her face one month later, on January 30th, 2008! This Christmas, I will not have to buy a "waiting" ornament. This Christmas she helped decorate the tree....and she got to put her ornaments up there!



This Christmas I will buy her a Forever Family ornament!

2 comments:

The Source said...

What a wonderful post! I'm so glad Claire gets to spend this Christmas with her family! So much has changed for her (and the rest of you) since this time last year. It's amazing how God works.

a Tonggu Momma said...

I love that you have a forever family ornament now!