Beautiful Life





Hey child up and go; A big world is out there waiting for us to live in every day. Outside you will find, there is love all around you; Takes you, makes you wanna' say; That it's a beautiful life and it's a beautiful world and it's a beautiful time to be here, to be here, to be here. -Fisher

Thursday, December 4, 2008

WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE?


Okay, last night.....after a long and grueling day at the hospital for Claire's tests, we had Lizzie come over for dinner so we could take the "Christmas card pictures". I know, bad timing....but this was the only night that worked for Lizzie that Paul would be in town for. Did I mention that I have one of those husbands that travels for a livin'! Anyway, we had a lovely photo session! Hey, this is my blog and I can pretend if I want too.

Claire was having NONE of it. She looked down, she looked back, she looked anywhere but at the camera and when she did, she did anything but smile! We resorted to bribing her with chocolate but that only resulted in us having to wait while she dramatically chewed the Hersey Kisses....because that did not make for a lovely photo! Isabel is never good with these photo shoots either. Noah used to be a problem but he's gotten better. Lizzie and Parker are the easiest. But even so, with so many people in a frame, you are bound to catch someone with their eyes closed....or hand up scratching something.....or Claire's dress over her head. What can I say? I take lots of pictures of my kids. I know that's hard to believe! But, no matter how many times you do it, it does not get easier to pose a group of children for a picture....I don't know what it is, but they get antsy after about 55 shots!

I will not be revealing the "card worthy" possibilities here yet, however at some point the kids went nuts....I'm not really surprised, of course. They are Paul's kids! They were led by....yep, you guessed it, the oldest Gour child! She and Noah were cut from the same cloth and he tends to pick up the slack when she isn't around. But when she's here, they just feed off each other! It can get a little wild, what with the atomic wedgies and....


breaking into moves from Thriller!

Yes, Lizzie actually planned this with them. I heard whispering when I came in the room to start the pictures and I knew they were up to something. When we got near the end and they'd had all they could take....

They just started singing and dancing and acting a-fool!



2 comments:

The Source said...

Too funny!! And you say they take after Paul?? I don't think so! Their mama. And her best friend Michelle! Bunch of nuts! :)

Michelle said...

man, i am being slammed & didtn even know it! LOL you know i would have been right in on it too! i love those kids!